Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello there all!  (Read 2265 times)

Offline MariahMarshall

• Brood
    • Tell Us Your Joke
Hello there all!
« on: December 07, 2009, 03:40:52 am »
Just dropping by to say my warm hello to everyone out there.
I'm Mariah Marshall newbie of this forum.
I am very interested with bees but have no hives no experience at all.
I have wanted to have one for a long time but started too late for this year, so maybe I could start a hive next year.
To all beemasters out there, what is the best month to make a hive?
I am really novice for this kind of stuff and I hope anyone could help me out.
I begin to like this place and I hope to be a good addition to this site.

Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.
Tell Us Your Joke
Food Songs

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Hello there all!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 11:30:15 am »
welcome!  we have a number of folks from the UK and other parts of europe.  you'll have some time to read through stuff here and hopefully connect with some in your area.  as a general rule, you want to start your hives in the spring.  that means getting your stuff ready over the winter and finding your source of bees so that you have them first thing.

enjoy the site and glad to have you!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 10:40:41 pm »
Hello and Welcome  MariahMarshall

There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2009, 11:03:43 pm »
Mariah, welcome to our forum, so great that you have found us.  Wonderful that you want to keep bees, you will be held deeply under their spell, once you get them, and even before you acquire them, they have a way about their beautiful little lives, that the more that you know, the more compelled you will become to learn more.  Stick around, we love new members and everyone will always be willing to help you out. Ask any question that your heart desires, all questions are important.  Take what is left of old man wintertime and study and study more.  Get prepared for the day when you will get bees yourself, this will be a very exciting day in your life.  Have that wonderful day, with greatest of health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Delmer

• House Bee
  • Cravin' me some boiled p-nuts
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 09:49:41 am »
Welcome-  lots of great information on here. 

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 11:21:12 am »
Welcome, and you have my condolences.  Once you start with your bees, everything else will pale in comparison.  You'll be annoying all of your family and friends with tales of your beekeeping adventures, watching the skies and trees for signs of swarms, and re-planting any garden areas around with bee-friendly plants.  (Of course, your family and friends will come around once you harvest your first honey, so don't worry about that.)

Look around the site, ask questions, and you'll soon be giving advice.  You may want to try to find some local beekeepers or a beekeeping organization as they would have information more pertenant to your specific area.  But, if all else fails, someone here will no doubt be able to help you.  Enjoy your new hobby and say "Goodbye" to life as you knew it.  You will Bee-come one with your girls!  Resistance is futile...  (Sorry, I couldn't help myself  :-D)

anything