Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello From Southeast New Hampshire!  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Bob D

• Brood
Hello From Southeast New Hampshire!
« on: May 15, 2008, 05:50:18 pm »
Hello!  My name is Bob and I'm a newbee who has been beekeeping, or trying too, for 4 years.  The mites keep wiping me out though as I don't want to use chemicals.  I have 3 working hives and one that just finished dieing out.  I may try to get a nuke to get that going again to bring me back up to 4 hives.  My other 3 are new packages this year (as they dies out late this winter).  One rejected her queen after 2 weeks and bumped her off!  So, I just got another queen and just came in from hanging her cage in the hive.

I live in Southeast New Hampshire (Exeter/Epping area) and am always looking to make friends who are fellow beekeepers.  Especially those willing to help me learn.

Anyway!  Great board and I look forward to talking to you all!

Bob D
New Hampshire

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
Re: Hello From Southeast New Hampshire!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 07:58:24 am »
Hi Bob!
Hello and Welcome!

This is a good forum to learn about bees & beekeeping. I particularly like the 'search' function: many times I find that my question has already been discussed and I can find an immediate answer.

Please update your profile to include your location. We won't remember that you're in New Hampshire, and since much of beekeeping is "location specific", we'll be better able to answer your questions if we see your location when you post.

Are you involved with a local beekeeping club? Clubs are good for getting connected with beekeepers near you; finding a mentor; and tapping into the "local knowledge".

Keep us posted on your bees!
http://www.nhbeekeepers.org/LocalClubs.htm

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello From Southeast New Hampshire!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 10:19:19 am »
Bob, welcome to our forum, you know already that this is a wonderful place to be, to spend great and quality time.  Lean on us for questions that you would like answered, there are many people here that have years and years of beekeeping experience, and others that are very new, and some that don't even have their bees yet.  All questions are good questions, and they will get the answers that you need.  If your question is not answered fully, ask it again.

Tell us of experiences that you would like to share, we love to hear stories and we love to tell stories too (especially me, hee, hee).

Good luck with the bees this year, I hope that you can find ways to not lose colonies to mites.  Welcome and have that wonderful and awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything