Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Learning to live  (Read 1627 times)

Offline BeautifulBees

• New Bee
  • We are sweet on each other.
Learning to live
« on: September 02, 2012, 10:53:47 am »
Hello,

In keeping with the administrator request...

We are BeautifulBees in SE Georgia near the Savannah River.  Ruth and I are a international husband and wife who considers themselves back garden (yard) beekeepers.  We do rescue people and bees from each other and direct the swarm observer to local beekeepers if we don't have the ability to respond quickly.  We sell no products, so I guess that makes us members of the service industry.

Beekeeping and bee hunting are one of the oldest ways for people to sweeten drink or food.  Bees collect pollen and spread the joy to other blooms before wisking back to the hive. It is said by some the consumption of locally created honey helps build the immune system against seasonal allergy.  I still like a good antihistamine.

So, I hope this settles the required post, and from the garden cheerio! Mark & Ruth
Time is relative, relatives take time.

Offline BeautifulBees

• New Bee
  • We are sweet on each other.
Re: Learning to live
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 10:58:09 am »
We are in SE Georgia USA, not the Russian Georgia.  Homesteading activities aren't just for the isolationist, they are what makes being at home more pleasing. So, the topic learning to live is adding bees to the mix and they sweeten life hear and make a great honey for brewing mead.
Time is relative, relatives take time.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 12:05:12 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  Good luck with your bees.

Joe

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 03:47:04 pm »
Welcome to the forum from another Georgia boy.

Offline Roy Coates

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 09:00:17 am »
welcome