Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: True Story No Joke  (Read 3205 times)

Offline mtman1849

• Assistant Social Director
  • House Bee
True Story No Joke
« on: October 05, 2008, 10:26:31 am »
I remember back in 1979 I was thirteen and I had a friend that lived about a mile for me and we would do all kinds of stuff together, hunt,fish, swim, but when the days started to get short we would play cards after dark with his grandparents.  This particular night in October I had stayed long than I should have and I still had to walk the mile or so home by myself.  I went outside it was a full moon with scattered clouds, just you typical scary movie time of night.  Anyway say good-bye and started my walk home.  Every thing was fine until I got on the main road, when after walking walk only a hundred feet or so I heard something following me. I stop and looked back saw nothing, started walking again and what ever was following started again too.  I didn't stop this time but walked faster what ever it was walked faster too.  Sorry guys I gave in to fear and started running and it started running too.  After a minute or so of running I saw headlights of a car coming behind me turned out it was the sheriff,  he as me what I was running for I told him it was dark and I was late getting home.  I wonder now if he could tell I was scared.  He ask me if I wanted a ride home, I told him now I just lived about a 1/4 of mile one down the road.   After he left I started walking again and what ever it was started walking too this time it sounded closer, this time when I turned around and kind of walked backward it sounded like it was in front of me,  when I finally zeroed in on the sound I found that I had been running from myself, my shoe was untied and the echo of it hitting the road made it sound like something was following me.  Every year about this time of think about that night than I ran form myself.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
Re: True Story No Joke
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 11:05:19 am »
Are you trying to run a way from a youself  :?   :-D

HEHEHEHEHE

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline mtman1849

• Assistant Social Director
  • House Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 11:11:01 am »
that night back then I was, with no success not that I have ever be successful at running away form myself, everywhere I go there I am :-D

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 12:56:53 pm »
What a great story! Our imaginations are wonderful things!  Our perceptions of things sure can change w/whats around us & mood.  All of us have done something like that at one time or another! It is so true in life, wherever you go, there you are! J.
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 01:56:28 pm »
Mike, oh what a scarey tale!!!  I was waiting and waiting to see what was behind you and then slipped around to the front!!!  Such scarey stuff for a lil' man walking down a dark and lonely road....been there, done that.  I recall the times when we, as children, would walk those dark and lonely roads.....some scarey stuff out there!!!  Thanks for that tale that took us to where our imaginations can run wild, wild as the driven wind.  Beautiful and most wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 05:02:13 pm »
Don't you know that no matter where you go there you are? Keep running towards yourself and you may just find yourself yet.

Loved the story, I started to get goosebumps!!!

...JP ;)
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything