Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: bummer cutout  (Read 2528 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
bummer cutout
« on: July 10, 2008, 05:19:52 pm »
went to do a cutout this am.  wood board siding covered by asphalt tiles.  old place.  as we opened up the tiles and pulled the board, powder poured out.  some kind of insecticide.  on closer look, we saw desiccated bees from a prior hive.  the homeowner (not the lady who rents and called us) had apparently dealt with a prior hive by pouring some kind of insecticide into the wall of the house and closing it up again.  there were live bees from the recent swarm, but not many.  we quit and advised the lady to get the homeowner to hire an exterminator and then clean out and seal the wall.  kind of sad.....

on the up side, i picked up a softball size swarm last night and added it to one of my smaller hives.  not many bees, but every little bit helps  :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
Re: bummer cutout
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 08:01:04 pm »
That's a bummer!
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 09:08:27 pm »
good end to the day.  just picked up a nice big swarm.  filled a deep.  close to home.  what more could you ask for??  :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 09:18:41 pm »
good end to the day.  just picked up a nice big swarm.  filled a deep.  close to home.  what more could you ask for??  :-)

Someone dropping the swarm in the deep at your front door??

Great catch!!!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com