Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Unorthodox swarm control  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
Unorthodox swarm control
« on: April 05, 2007, 08:22:08 am »
So I caught my first swarm yesterday....  driving 60 mph in my semi-truck!!!  HAHAHA!  The poor girls.  I don't think a one of em survived.
I was cruising down the highway, on my way to a gas station to deliver a full load of Unleaded, when I come around a bend and notice a couple hives in some guy's field.  I smile and put my eyes back on the road when I see a small misty cloud in the distance.  My first thought was, "Dracula in mist form?" then remembered it was still daylight.  Then, KREPLAT!!!  My whole windshield turned green and brown!  Pulled over on the shoulder to clean the window.  I'm about to pop the hood to climb up on the engine block when I realize those where bees in my grill.  I look closer and I even found the queen!!!  She was marked!  lol
It's a shame I couldnt have found my first swarm some other way.  Could have had some free bees.  lol

Sean
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
Re: Unorthodox swarm control
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 03:35:15 pm »
oh dear lord!
what a funny yet sad story :-D :shock:

call me pesimistic but something is terribly wrong with your way of beekeeping :evil:

Offline LET-CA

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 07:44:20 pm »
Ah yes, the importance of marking the queen. . .

Offline tig

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 09:46:25 pm »
o ye gods.....definitely one for the books lol!

anything