Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cats in Paradise  (Read 2099 times)

Offline lmehaffey

• House Bee
Cats in Paradise
« on: May 20, 2009, 05:01:49 pm »
Millie, a beautiful old Persian cat who had faithfully befriended her human companion for many years, passed away in her sleep and woke to find herself standing inside the Pearly Gates. St. Peter scooped her up in his arms and said: "MIllie, you've been a good and faithful servant for many years. Now it's time for you to be served. Just tell me what it is you would most enjoy and we'll make it happen for you."

Millie stretched for a moment, thought for a moment, and then said: "All I really want is a quiet corner to sleep in, maybe a small pillow, and a bit of sunlight to warm me while I nap."

Peter, delighted with her modest request, carried her to a quiet corner of God's garden and laid her in a sunny spot on a soft pillow. He petted her gently and told her that he would be back later to check on her.

Back at the Pearly Gates, a group of six circus mice, trained to perform feats of acrobatics and gymnastics, were waiting patiently. St. Peter checked his Book, found them to be worthy, and said: "Well, it looks like you have been good in your way, faithful, and deserving of reward. Just tell me what it is you would most enjoy and we'll arrange it for you."

The mice, after a brief consultation, piped up and said: "We all really enjoy roller skating and would love to be able to skate here in Paradise. It's such a beautiful place!"

St. Peter, well satisfied with their innocent desire, bent over and handed each of them a pair of clean, white roller skates. The excited mice immediately donned their skates and rolled away, singing, into the distance.

A few days later, St. Peter walked through the Garden looking for Millie. He found her asleep in that quiet, sunny corner where he had left her on her arrival. "Well, Millie," the good man said, "how are you enjoying Paradise? Is it everything that you desired?"

"Oh, yes! St. Peter!" the sleepy cat answered. "My pillow is so soft, this corner is just right - a bit of sun, a bit of quiet...but you know, I have to hand it to you: those little meals on wheels were an unexpected delight!"
It is what it is.......except when it isn't.

Offline dragonfly

• House Bee
Re: Cats in Paradise
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 02:43:16 pm »
Hah! :-D
Cat lover that I am, that was great!

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 08:21:22 pm »
Fast food

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 03:22:41 am »
Fast food

That's a mouse trying to out race a hungry chicken.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!