Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Gainesville NY  (Read 1354 times)

Offline ColeB234

• New Bee
Hello from Gainesville NY
« on: July 15, 2014, 08:53:26 pm »
Hi all, I am a sixteen year old Beekeeper from Western NY, I began at age twelve and have been happily keeping bees ever since, well, most of the time I have happily kept bees, there were sometimes with some hives where I wasn't overjoyed. I hope to breed Northern Carniolan Queens next year and expand my apiary tot the grand number of ten hives, currently I have two, one overprotective Russian colony and one very dismal split which has had me quite saddened lately based on the number of bees in it. (Around two-thousand, I'd guess) I recently introduced a Carniolan Queen to the hive, and began praying for a miracle. But other than that I am quite the happy bee-man. Glad to bee here, and Happy Beekeeping from Gainesville NY, Cole. 
My Mentors exact words after he inspected my first hive: "When I was growing up, boy stop picking that stinger and listen, I was always told that bees do everything for a reason, so these bees sting you quite a bit, why do you think that is? No, don't bother answering, you'll get it wrong, it's because they hate ya! Boy I'll tell ya, I have never seen such hateful batch of bees, usually they love me, some say it's because I'm such a sweet old man. But these girls, oh mama, they are the nastiest bunch of stinging insects I have ever had the displeasure of acquainting myself with, you aught to take a blowtorch to 'em, that's the only thing that'll keep 'em from being so mean, they can't be mean when they're dead!" We inspected the hive, he's used to doing everything without a veil, and he was somewhat shocked when he got stung on his right cheek. That was the funniest face I have ever seen a man make, though the cussing that followed was pretty funny too. ;)

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
Re: Hello from Gainesville NY
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 08:26:31 am »
Welcome Cole, glad you joined us.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 12:24:20 pm »
Welcome to the forum Cole.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline ColeB234

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 02:12:56 pm »
Thanks guys, glad to be here.
My Mentors exact words after he inspected my first hive: "When I was growing up, boy stop picking that stinger and listen, I was always told that bees do everything for a reason, so these bees sting you quite a bit, why do you think that is? No, don't bother answering, you'll get it wrong, it's because they hate ya! Boy I'll tell ya, I have never seen such hateful batch of bees, usually they love me, some say it's because I'm such a sweet old man. But these girls, oh mama, they are the nastiest bunch of stinging insects I have ever had the displeasure of acquainting myself with, you aught to take a blowtorch to 'em, that's the only thing that'll keep 'em from being so mean, they can't be mean when they're dead!" We inspected the hive, he's used to doing everything without a veil, and he was somewhat shocked when he got stung on his right cheek. That was the funniest face I have ever seen a man make, though the cussing that followed was pretty funny too. ;)