Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dizzy  (Read 3180 times)

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
Dizzy
« on: December 29, 2007, 11:59:28 am »
Harvesting my avocados. It is the first time I felt dizzy . Usually I am a monkey, but I have been eating like a bear this Christmas and I am like a koala, hugged to the tree and the void around me.

Here my brother surround by the avocados.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Dizzy
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 12:21:55 pm »
Abejaruco.  Wow!!!!  What pictures.  I think that one with your face sticking out through the tree leaves is priceless.  It looks like the trees have framed your face in a picture.  Nice shots!!!  I love to see the avacados with the picture of your Brother.  Nice pictures.  Takes me right to where you live, in my mind's eye, and that is a wonderful thought, with our brown-limbed leafless trees.  Beautiful and greatest of days.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 12:43:25 pm »
Abe, do you pick the avocados when they are ripe? Or do you pick them early, so the birds, etc.. don't peck through them. Nice pictures, be careful, like Koala.

Wishing for fresh, ripe avocados, JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 02:25:38 pm »
Subtropical fruit like avocado or cherimoye "mature" -get fat- in the tree, but ripens off the tree always any days later. You will never see a soft chirimoya or avocado on the tree. I´m thinking that kiwi are similars.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 06:16:41 pm »
Abe, cherimoya, now we're talking, they are my favorite fruit, but so expensive here!

Thinking of cherimoya, JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 07:23:40 pm »
These are two cherimoyes photos I have scanned from my mother album. You can see that I had very big chiris too, not only oranges. Trees were burnt by the cold the year 2005. They are growing up again.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 04:54:02 am »
Thanks for the pics of the cherimoya! They are 6.00 lb U.S., where I live. They are a very unique fruit.

Thanks, JP

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 11:57:27 am »
Abejaruco, JP, what does the fruit of the cherimoye taste like?  They are the most interesting looking fruit, Abejaruco, I bet you have a  bunch of really cool pictures in your mother album, got any more unusual fruits?  I have never heard of this cherimoye and would love to see more pictures and descriptions of these things.

We are very limited to the fruit that is commonly grown in my area.  The ones that I can think of are only a few:

tree fruits:
nectarines (not right where I am, but about 2 hours north, unless grown in sheltered areas, like the islands)
peaches (not right where I am, but about 2 hours north, unless grown in sheltered areas, like the islands)
plums
cherries
apples

ground and shrub fruits:
blueberries
gooseberries
raspberries
strawberries

There are probably many more, but these are the fruits that immediately come to my mind.  These unusual fruits of other nations are amazing and intrigue me.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything