Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The standard size White Crested Black Polish  (Read 2825 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
The standard size White Crested Black Polish
« on: July 23, 2009, 02:41:44 pm »
One of the last group of incubated chicks.  There is two males and two females.  Friendly, and cute as the dickens.  The males are the first to come over to see what treat their mamma has brought out to them for a snack.  This is one of the males, I can't wait until they grow up, they are two months old now, enjoy the pictures.  Have a wonderful and most great day, health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline danno

• Super Bee
Re: The standard size White Crested Black Polish
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 04:42:58 pm »
Very nice Cindi.   Are you still moving?   If you are how are you going to move all these guys

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 09:57:16 am »
Dan, uh, well, yep, the move is still in the makings, if only we would get an offer on our house.  That day will come.  Yea, I know.  My place will be like Noah's arc when we move, it is making me cringe, smiling.  Things will work out though, I have no worries about that.  I can be a massively ingenious organizer when that need arises, and I have plans for all my birds.  I have two wonderful Daughters, smiling.  They are never gonna know what has hit their place.  Thank my lucky stars, they both have acreage and they have many, many favours to return to their dear ol' ma, that raised them from teeny, tiny babies, deep within my body, to teenage girls, smiling....Yes.....it IS payback time, hee, hee.  They are aware that they will have my birds to help me with when we do that move.  We are going to buy an acre or so, Ken is going to build us a little house, we will live in a 5th wheel until that day comes when our little house is built.  Something of a bit of a scarey thought, but I know his skills, I trust in this man.  Our 5th wheel, which we will purchase when the sale is complete, will have pullouts to make it more home-friendly, wonder if we will get cabin fever, smiling.  I am ramblin' and a little off topic, but hey!!!  That's OK, it was my own topic, smiling.  Have that wonderful day, this life is one that is more than worth lovin' and livin', health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 12:24:28 pm »
Cindi have you ever had polish before? I am just wondering because I almost bought some once but I heard that they were very high strung, like the seabrights so I didn't get them.
They may not be but its just what I had been hearing and I didn't want anything to skittish.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 11:22:58 am »
Natalie, nope, not high strung one little bit.  These are standard, not bantam, I think the bigger the bird, the less freaky they are.  They will turn out to be about the size of a mid sized bird, maybe about the size of a wyandotte.  I love these little dudes, and as I said, they are friendly, and are the first one to see what I have brought for them to treat on.  They seem to be bottom feeders, in that they scrounge the ground for what the larger pen mates have dropped.

I like to hold a piece of bread in my hand and have the babies and cochins bite off hunks.  We are fortunate, we get the bread from the bread basket store that they cannot sell,( always the bread they call "squirrel", it is full of seeds and organic) so every morning all the chickens (and man, knock my socks, I have many, many, many) get their good morning bread.  I throw the bread to the older ones, and the babies too, but I take time during the day to let them feed from my hand, makes for friendly birds that are not afraid of the human hand.  Ooh, man am I getting addicted to the chickens!!!  Got 6 different breeds that I have gathered for fine breeding one day.  Have that beautiful day, loving this great life, health.  Cindi

anything