Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Webmasters using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn......  (Read 3760 times)

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
Webmasters using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn......
« on: March 08, 2012, 02:54:27 pm »
Webmasters using  Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn......

Are they as important to website page ranking and search result locations as all the emails I get telling me I need to have accounts to boost my websites success?  I just dont see potential clients using facebook to find honey or a nucleus colony.  If someone wants something they search google for it.

So, whats your opinion or experience.  Is any link pointing to your website a plus?  Or does google have the capability to know how many people actually followed the link.?   I know the crawlers will find it, they always do.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Webmasters using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn......
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 12:31:17 am »
I don't have any of those.  I get a lot of traffic.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 02:21:00 pm »
lol, I know you do MB.  You get trafic from me, lol!  You dont need any help with promotion.  I am  not worried about it to much really, I just get an email once a week from my hosting service telling me how I need to do this or that or I am falling behind the times and bla, bla, bla.  I think when it comes down to it that its simply whether you provide a service or content that people actually want that drives your site. 

How are the book sales going?
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 04:52:40 am »
Maybe it's so people can "like" you...

>How are the book sales going?

Very well, thanks.  They have remained steady where I thought they would peak and drop off.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 09:36:05 pm »
"Very well, thanks.  They have remained steady where I thought they would peak and drop off."

Glad to hear it!

Thomas Jefferson