Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What I've Been up To lately  (Read 5551 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
What I've Been up To lately
« on: March 12, 2012, 06:49:54 pm »
Cut outs, catchin' swarms & crabbin' is what I've been up to & also secured a new very nice be yard that consists of twenty acres of citrus!

...JP

What I've Been Up To Lately - Medium.m4v
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline backyard warrior

• House Bee
Re: What I've Been up To lately
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 07:38:13 pm »
entirely too much fun down there bees crabbing and fishing your leaving the dream down there :)  Chris

Offline Poppi

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 08:09:36 pm »
JP the Movie Maker...   covered a lot of ground..   you too early on them crabs...  you know April and May is when the big males clear out the nest...    I didn't know about all that citrus down in Louisiana...   I'm with you JP ..  sweet Kumquats are the best...  you have been blessed JP...  livin' the good life...  oh yeah...  love that swarm at the end...  and your comment to Hardwood... bee careful..  he'll get ya back before the spring is over...  take care and keep the Cajun music on the vids...  love it...  John

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 08:42:49 pm »
Great video there JP. 

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 09:12:35 pm »
JP, hardly recognize you with that short beard, like the new bee yard too.

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 10:09:11 pm »
Kewl!  :-D Love that citrus flavor. Got some honey from a friend in California that was citrus and the honey was almost clear but good!
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 10:30:11 pm »
Cool video Bro...I enjoyed it for sure! It was awesome watching those swarm bees (1st one) fan in slo-mo. Momma swarm at the end!

I've been passing calls to my buddy this week. Just been too busy with the bees to take any of them. I'll be jumping back in soon though!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 10:35:13 pm »
Sorry it was so long folks but tried to make it entertaining. Thanks for the feedback! Making a video now, hope I have enough to put it together, all filmed with my iphone. I guarantee it will be much shorter in duration than this one.

I'm very stoked about the new yard. I love any honey with even a hint of citrus. I'm hoping to get some good stuff. The crabbing should be good soon enough. Bailey went this past Saturday & caught 29 boilers and a handful of busters he'll cultivate for soft-shells.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 11:09:21 pm »
I'm jealous. I want more hives.  :-P I'm waiting for a swarm from a old oaktree on the river. I setup two traps 100 and 150 feet away with old frames and lemongrass. Now the waiting game begins. the suspense is killing me.

john

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 11:13:42 pm »
nice video buddy.you look alot thinner with the beard trimmed :-D         .......schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 11:22:58 pm »
nice video buddy.you look alot thinner with the beard trimmed :-D         .......schawee

Flattery will get you another vanilla shake.  :-D

...JP

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 01:25:02 pm »
Nice job JP. I appreciate being able to see what you do on bee removals.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline D Semple

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 02:17:41 pm »
Cool about how all that comb at the Fire Training center just came right up with the floor. I've got one coming up where the bees are under a bathroom floor around a drain pipe, don't think I'll be so lucky. Thanks for the video.

Don

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 12:32:07 am »
Cool about how all that comb at the Fire Training center just came right up with the floor. I've got one coming up where the bees are under a bathroom floor around a drain pipe, don't think I'll be so lucky. Thanks for the video.

Don

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo4/Jefroka/IMG_1099.jpg

A bathroom with a floor drain you say?  :-D

...JP

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2023, 01:16:35 pm »
Flashback!!
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.