Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mann Lake Frames  (Read 7889 times)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Mann Lake Frames
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 09:53:19 am »
Last year or the year before I got a hold of a load of pre build (already finished) frames from brushy with plastic foundation.  Curios about the hole in the frame, I checked this morning and they do have hole drilled in them even with plastic foundation in them.   But it really makes sense to me that you don't need the holes with plastic foundation, so who would miss them or want them.    Until you use the solid bottoms for something other than plastic foundation. 

Offline teezbees

• New Bee
    • Buzzed and Confused
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 05:11:15 pm »

Again, I accept responsibilty for this issue and feel that perhaps plastic foundation is more the norm.

However, grooved top bars are used with wired foundation without hooks, not just for plastic foundation. Therefore, the drilled end bars are needed with this style frame if this type of foundation is used. As a result, I believe it is presumptous of them to assume that grooved top bars don't call for a need for holes in the end bars.

The bottom line is that it appears if you want drilled end bars, regardless of what frame you use, make sure you ask for them just to be on the safe side.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 05:41:48 pm »
Travis

:? What do you use to hold the tops of foundation in to the grooved top bars  :?

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:07:33 pm by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline teezbees

• New Bee
    • Buzzed and Confused
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 07:42:26 pm »
I use a wax tube fastener. Rossman carries them.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 10:29:50 pm »
Last year or the year before I got a hold of a load of pre build (already finished) frames from brushy with plastic foundation.  Curios about the hole in the frame, I checked this morning and they do have hole drilled in them even with plastic foundation in them.   But it really makes sense to me that you don't need the holes with plastic foundation, so who would miss them or want them.    Until you use the solid bottoms for something other than plastic foundation. 
 I bought a pallet of preassembled frames from mannlake-there where no holes in them-this is something new to me as the frames i bought couple years ago had the holes--RDY-B

anything