Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 2736 times)

Offline reeegs22

• New Bee
Hello everyone
« on: August 25, 2008, 05:55:44 pm »
 :mrgreen:
I am from RI and my name is Mary.
I can't wait to get some bees next spring, but am really excited about all the info I have read so far on this forum.
:-) Mary

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 06:07:06 pm »
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you part of the family.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 08:13:13 pm »
Welcome Mary. Get your order in early so you can get your bees early.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 08:30:33 pm »
Hi Mary!
 welcome to the forums!
 I have family in Fall River Mass..RI is right across the bay :)
your friend,
john

Offline reeegs22

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 12:17:58 pm »
Welcome Mary. Get your order in early so you can get your bees early.

I have heard that advice almost everywhere I turn. How early is early, I have tended to hear that December
January is the right time.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 06:31:54 pm »
OH MY GOSH!!!!!
 A REDSOX FAN!!!!
 ME TOO!!!!
 And , of course you know tonite we start against the Yankees!!!
 My dad has a shirt with "Papi" on it...Mines says "Ortiz",...And my wifes shirt says "Papelbon"!
 My tool bar is a Redsox tool bar too!
 I get to see every game now since I got Direct TV with MLB!
 After work, I tend to the bees, feed the pigeons, and then come into here...At 6 oclock I leave here and go watch the game!...Then after the game I come back in here!
 Thats my life since baseball started!
 Oh boy,...You might just be more fun than JP and Cindi!. I cant wait to show my wife your avatar!!!
Oh yeh,...the bees..... :)...Like mentioned before, this is a place with all your answers to bee questions!......And you will be on the brink of insanity waiting for your bees to arrive!...I like "Beekeeping for Dummies" because it helps you understand what all the other books are talking about. And go rent "Ulees Gold"
next time you get a movie.Its got Peter Fonda in it and its got a good storyline...Most of all though Peter Fonda is a beekeeper in the movie and theres alot of bee parts in it!. Actually, Fonda is a beekeeper in real life too!
 Well, I better go look at more stuff in here...Only an hour and a half till game time!

your friend,
john

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 07:35:48 pm »
Place your order as soon as the supplier starts taking orders. They usually fill orders on first come first serve basis.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline mtman1849

• Assistant Social Director
  • House Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 08:03:48 pm »
welcome to the forum you have come to the right place to learn and I know what you mean about getting excited I still get excited in the fall about the next spring.

Offline reeegs22

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 10:22:51 am »
Hey Guys!
Thanks for the warm welcome. John, the Red Sox rock!! I work in Boston and live in RI so I am able to go catch a few games a year at Fenway.  I haven't gotten to sit up in the Monsta seats yet, but any time you go to that park it is like a dream come true.  I have a Beckett and Lowell shirt and a collection of hats.  It was a good game last night, I hope we sweep!!!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 01:02:43 pm »
Mary, welcome to our forum, so glad that you found us.  The more that you study about the bees, the more intrigued you will be, and eventually, be held under their spell.  They will command your life,  ;) :) :) :)  In all seriousness, bees have a manner that takes us to a beautiful part of life, watching them, getting into their homes, every special little thing that comes with beekeeping will keep you interested and want to be a part of their special life.  You will find that by springtime, after you have ordered your bees, and you are prepared and impatiently waiting for them, that you will just be like a child, awaiting a special event.  Spend your time with us, learn all you can, be informed, so that day when the girls come to share their life with you, you will feel good about some knowledge gained that will help you to take care of them, and they will take care of you, by making that beautiful golden liquid, we know as honey.  Have the most wonderful and awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything