Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New beek, first set of hives this year!  (Read 4056 times)

Offline Hotburn76

• New Bee
New beek, first set of hives this year!
« on: August 12, 2014, 01:36:49 pm »
I was able to hit thirty post so I wanted to share a pic of my hives.  I made them out of white oak and the screened bottom boards are made out of ceder.  I plan on switching over to solids when it cools off a little.  I left the feeders on top and only used them when I first installed the nucs, when they got low it looked like a good flow was on so I never filled them since.  I installed these May 31 and they were both five frame nucs from a local beek.  So all my comb was undrawn.  I now have two supers on with the first completely full and capped, the second is over half draw and being filled.  This has been a great hobby and have learned a lot from this site, or other sites that I learned about while on this site.

Jason Johnston

Offline SkipS

• New Bee
Re: New beek, first set of hives this year!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 02:54:16 pm »
Nice setup.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 07:07:47 pm »
Not sure why you thought you needed thirty,but you are able to post. You could have always sent the pics to
photos@beemaster.com
and we would have attached them to a post for you.

Offline Hotburn76

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 07:40:00 pm »
Not sure why you thought you needed thirty,but you are able to post. You could have always sent the pics to
photos@beemaster.com
and we would have attached them to a post for you.

I had about eight post when i first tried to post a pic and it would not allow it and warned of being banned if I tried to circumvent it.  Then i did a search and found this post and it was never refuted by a admin and was in the help forum so I took it as fact.

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,36892.0.html
Jason Johnston

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 01:30:30 pm »
Buzz,
I have seen that number (30) a couple of times also. What is the actual number?
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 10:26:42 am »
We tend not to disclose it ,but it is not a huge amount.And we can also limit permissions on an individual basis if there are any questions of the members integrity before permissions are given. If I said hey it's fifty, a spammer would likely hit fifty posts answering yep or whatever to begin his attack.
The warning is issued so people don't go to the trouble to work around the restrictions. The mods are more than happy to post appropriate materials to someones threads if they forward it to
photos@beemaster.com
and notate their username and the thread to which they desire to attach it to.It may not appear instantly as we are all volunteers here and have regular jobs as most here do.
As for why these limits to new members? In the past we had new members who would post things that you wouldn't want grandma or your children to see, so posting restrictions to new members had to be instituted.It is only a temporary inconvenience to most members,but keeping this a safe palce for everyone far surpasses the need to give a new member instant privileges.And once again,the option to forward links to articles and photos has always been there to each and every member,so no one is excluded completely unless they do not wish to temporarily take the extra step.
And admins read a lot of the posts,but not always each and every one. By not confirming is not the same as affirming a post.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 09:58:05 pm »
Thanks for that answer Ken.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline SkipS

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 11:57:42 pm »
Thanks Ken

Offline LaurieBee

• House Bee
  • I'm loving bees today. Interested in learning.
Re:
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 01:54:08 am »
Thank you for all you do.

anything