Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Compiled bee information  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Compiled bee information
« on: December 15, 2006, 10:35:28 am »
During my first year and more of beekeeping, I had the opportunity to read books every day for long periods of time.  I sat with pen beside  hand during that long period and anytime that I came across an important tip, I wrote it down, as well, I wrote down every question that I thought of, and there were many, many.  During this past summer, I took all my "tips" I will call them and typed them out.  They are in a word processed format.

I don't know if this will ever come to pass, but I would like to get an idea if anyone out there thinks that it would be a good idea to have this document(s) available somehow to help people that are new to beekeeping, to help guide them and maybe give them some advice that they can take or not take.  There is some pretty interesting stuff in the document(s).  This is quite a lengthy document, but it may be of interest. 

Let's hear what you guys on the forum think about my making it available.  Great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
Re: Compiled bee information
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 03:08:12 pm »
    Hi Cindi!

IMHO I think it is great.  That said I have found that different people process information differently from each other.  Many times I've found people agreeing with each other yet still arguing because they don't realize they are agreeing because they see and say things from another aspect.  Just because info is out there does not mean everyone understands it.  I'm not talking about levels of communication, just basic understanding. 

So,  I say GO FOR IT!!!

David
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 08:19:11 pm »
Cindi,

The exchange of info and experiences is what this site is all about. Please do  :-D

Offline sean

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 08:14:23 pm »
Hi Cindi, I think you should. I am new to beekeeping and i have found that I will find something that I didn't know before or see something from a different perspective, or by reading the same thing again it kept at the forefront off my mind. So by all means go ahead and post it.

Offline markonsite

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 08:20:12 pm »
Cindi, I think it's a great idea and would love to see you post it. If no one else is interested I would be glad to have you send it via e-mail or snail mail, as I just ordered my packages and am building my hives now.

Thanks,
Mark

Offline salka

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 07:45:11 am »
hello cindi,
GREAT idea! Please do it!
i've some documents too, i'll post them too
regards

Offline sean

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 08:42:15 am »
Soo Cindi-loo, when and where?

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 10:08:52 am »
I am hoping to get these notes worked on so they are a little nicer compiled and they might be ready in a few days.  They will hopefully be of some use to some people.  Just notes taken from books that I have read that I thought were important and interesting.  Great day.  Cindi  Thanks for the input all.
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline sean

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 07:03:02 pm »
cindi, whey di notes dem deh?

Translation: cindi where are the notes?

just a quick reminder, I know you probably were busy for the christmas

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 09:42:33 am »
sean, OK, have actually been working on it.  Ya, Christmas time is quite a busy time for everyone, but I am getting the document ready now in the next couple of days.  I don't know if it will be of real interest to people, it was simply little ditties that at the time I was jotting down stuff, thought it was really important.  Now that I re-read all these little points, they don't seem as important as they once were.  Maybe it is because I think that I know quite a bit more (but not even 100% of what I need yet to learn).    The notes may be pretty good for people starting out in beekeeping, I hope that they may be of some good help, if they aren't, they are interesting points anyways.  So, hopefully I will have them up and on the forum for people to read.  Great day.  Cindi

Offline sean

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 02:36:19 pm »
well i am just starting out so i need all the info that i can get my hands on. But take your time no real need to rush

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 10:18:42 am »
Sean, getting closer.  I have the information compiled, and is being worked on to be put in PDF format so it is easy for users.  It may still take a little bit of time though.  All my best.  Cindi

Remember, any questions, ask the forum members, it is a wealth pool of information simply at your fingertips, read, and read the links that people give too.  Fabulous learning tool. 

anything