Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hey from central Illinois  (Read 2785 times)

Offline littlebitfarm

• New Bee
    • Little Bit Farm
Hey from central Illinois
« on: March 28, 2009, 11:09:44 pm »
Just saying "Hey"! Totally new to bees, they aren't even here yet.

Kathie

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hey from central Illinois
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 11:29:52 pm »
Welcome to the forum Kathie.

No bees yet? Means more time to get ready, scan the bee supply mags for the 23rd time, show the suit to a few more Friends before the bees poop all over it.... :-D
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 11:56:14 pm »
Hello and Welcome Kathie
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny   

Offline littlebitfarm

• New Bee
    • Little Bit Farm
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 02:12:14 pm »
Thanks! Haven't shown the suit to any adults but the neighbor girls are getting a big kick out of wearing the veil! Know I have to get them onboard with bees to make their parents happy. The kids are definitely onboard! I'm hoping I can sneak the bees into the hives without being noticed and announce their arrival a week after they have been here.

Kathie

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 07:34:52 am »
Hello and Welcome!

I think you'll find this forum a great place to learn more about bees and beekeeping. The tutorials on the main Beemaster page were one of the very first places I began learning about bees several years ago. Here on the forums I use the 'search' function a lot - often I can find immediate answers to my questions in previous threads.

Are you involved with a local beekeeping club? Clubs are good places to find mentors and get connected with nearby beekeepers. Here are some links:
http://www.isba.us/index.affiliate.htm

Also, let me recommend a blog of a beekeeper near you, David Burns in Fairmount. He has some great info on his site:
http://basicbeekeeping.blogspot.com/

Offline littlebitfarm

• New Bee
    • Little Bit Farm
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 02:49:23 pm »
Hello and Welcome!
Are you involved with a local beekeeping club? Clubs are good places to find mentors and get connected with nearby beekeepers. Here are some links:

Also, let me recommend a blog of a beekeeper near you, David Burns in Fairmount. He has some great info on his site:

Thanks. I haven't joined any clubs yet. I had an old guy lined up to bring hives out last year, so I could learn from him. But he died before that happened.

David Burns is where my bees are coming from! I attended one of his one day classes and picked up my woodenware there.

Had to take the links out of the quotes or it wouldn't let me post.

Kathie

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 07:01:44 pm »
welcome littlebitfarm this will be my first year too :-D
Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 08:00:40 pm »
Kathie, welcome to our forum, so nice that you have found us.  Just wait until you get your bees, you will love life.  The honeybees offer something to us that makes us feel peaceful, they are clean, pure and beautiful.  This will be a place where you can lean on us to help you with any questions that you may want to ask -- all questions are important, and ask away.  This will also be a place where you will meet new friends, as well as a place to tell your stories, tales and experiences, we love to listen...have that wonderful and most awesomely great day, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service