Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Newbie From Farmington NM  (Read 2249 times)

Offline bhfury

• New Bee
Newbie From Farmington NM
« on: December 07, 2008, 07:48:09 pm »
Hello Everybody,

My name is Greg and I'm from Farmington NM.  Years ago, my grandfather was a beekeeper in California where I grew up. He had several hundred hives.  I enjoyed working his bees with him and now that I have children, I would like for them to enjoy that experience as well. 

If you are familiar with the Farmington NM area, I'm very much open to any bee suggestions.  My only reservation is the bees must gentle for my kids (10 and 12 yrs old) to handle. 

I understand Honeybees obviously produce delicious honey, but they are also necessary for the food we eat. Last year the plight of the bee caught my attention with recent bee losses.  I would like to do what I can to bring them back and would enjoy having honey from my backyard.

If you can help us or know of someone who can, please let me know.

I'm very glad to have found this site and I  hope to learn from you all.

Happy Holidays,
Greg
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 12:39:38 am by bhfury »

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Newbie From Farmington NM
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 08:19:00 pm »
Hello and Welcome Greg
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline troutstalker2

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 09:53:55 pm »
 How are you liking Siberia?  :-* I grew up in minnesota I finally moved south to North Carolina. It is a nice area though.
   Welome to the forum and have a nice holiday season from all of us.

Offline bhfury

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 10:23:39 pm »
Trout,

I love it here..... love the hunting and fishing...but I'm not quit use to being around so many Texans :-D..... They love their Cowboys!!!

Happy Holidays to you and yours!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 11:44:21 pm »
Greg, welcome to our forum.  That is wonderful that you are sensitive to the plight of the bees, and that you want to help them.  We are all doing that thing by being members of this forum, keeping bees, learning how to keep good care of them.  Our world would not be the same without all of us and the bees, hee, hee. Stick around, when you begin to keep the bees, you will become so fascinated with their secret world that you will not be able to stop yourself from becoming VERY involved with them.  We can help you with advice, you can tell us your stories, tales and experiences, you will become one day a great beekeeper, as will your children.  You had a very good start so many years ago when you helped out your wonderful Grandfather.  He instilled the fever in you of the honeybee, you were unknowingly held under their spell for many years, it has now resurfaced.  So do enjoy your stay with us, and have that wonderful and awesome life and day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline troutstalker2

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 09:04:30 pm »
 I just read your intro again Its nm. not mn. Pardon my stupidity. I grew up not too far from Farmington, Minnesota. Anyway, welcome to the forum.