Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: FORUM SLOGAN CONTEST - for member gift store products  (Read 8448 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
FORUM SLOGAN CONTEST - for member gift store products
« on: June 04, 2011, 03:13:59 pm »
Okay.... First I'll mention that I received the soda/beer can cooler as shown below. It is high quality, made by Thermos and worth every penny - to me at least. For years members have asked for hats, T-shirts, mugs, key-chains, etc., and I think it is time to accommodate their wishes. See what it looks like at the Beemaster Members Store Page at www.cafepress.com/beemaster

Here is the photo I took. FYI it is so perfectly fitting to a 12 drink can that if you drop it from the top into the holder, it lowers down by itself slowly as if it were hydraulically controlled. Really neat looking. I forgot to mention, there is a WHITE BALANCE ISSUE with the camera (forgot to change the settings to outdoor lighting)  in this photo,  the non-slip grip at the top is "BLACK" not BLUE and the same material is on the bottom, this can holder won't slide any where. Also, since I'm modifying this page, I should let you know that opening multiple stores is EXTREMELY EASY, so if/when we have many t-shirt designs (or whatever products) it will be as simple as clicking on different links to see many designs.

But it starts with YOU.

In this post I want to accumulate enough slogans (as many as you are willing to come up with) over 2 weeks, then create a poll from the slogans. The tops winning slogans will take turns gracing (couldn't think of a better word) on the products. Each of the top X number of slogans (along with any artwork, if any) will have a 2 or 3 week run. That way, we can offer several products so that members have choice. At the end of this, I am going to repost a message I wrote to K9 to explain the pitfalls of trying to earn contributions to the forum and also NOT go for a Non-profit Organization status, which I will not do.

Basically put, I have all products set at a 20% markup over the cost at CafePress - and as clearly state, I will be splitting the 20% evenly with the forum (10% each) giving me a buffer to pay taxes on the sales of the products - all money after the taxes will then go to the forum. It is the only way I know to do it where I will not get stuck paying taxes on profits from the IRS. I don't think 20% markup is ridiculous and eventually about 15-16% should make it to the forum's donation fund - 10% will go there immediately, the other 10% I will keep to pay taxes on earnings and then donate the remainder to the forum.

Keeping in mind this is a fund raiser, it is a great way for you to get quality products and help defray forum costs.

Finally, let's get to it. In the replies to this post, please submit as many slogans as you wish. I hope to create a poll using them all, at which time members can vote on the ones they would like to see on forum related items. I imagine that the TOP 5 will be used over a period of weeks or I could open SEVERAL STORES and every product could be available at once. Right now, only one store exists www.cafepress.com/beemaster and I use the catch phrase "Beemaster Forums, where the buzz is always about beekeeping!" none have sold (except to me and I got the can holder, it is HIGH QUALITY stainless, 2 walled and vacuumed to keep a barrier which supposed to keep drinks cold 10 times longer or as the state 3 hours.

I am looking for a few things here - the number of slogans and the amount of participation from the members. Even though Cafepress has no problem printing a SINGLE ITEM, still if members aren't buying the items, then the whole project is in vain.

PLEASE ENTER SLOGANS BELOW - you will be helping out everyone in the forum, not jst me: if you have already submitted ideas elsewhere in other posts, please do them again here. This will be the official page for ideas for Beemaster Member Store Items. Remember, these slogans will be on coffee mugs, water bottles, hats t-shirts, bumper stickers, and many other products you can choose from.

Thank you all and PLEASE remember, this is a brain storming exercise, try your best but no slogan is bad, it may just be not as good as others. Next Month, we will start with calendar photos submitted. For that you need to set your camera for the highest resolution possible and every page will have credit to the photographer. I'm really hoping to see a 2012 Beemaster Calendar and I know many of you are too.

So two weeks from today, June 18th, 2011 I'll create a poll using your ideas. Then comes the fun part, voting. I just hope we have interest in all this. Similar sites offer a few items, but members don't appear to have had any input to the products - I think that is something that you will only find here. I want the members active and for the winners, they have the bragging rights to say "That was MY idea!!!"

PLEASE PARTICIPATE in slogan contest - I don't think I ask much from anyone here, and this is really something unique that you can involve yourself with. The winner for the best slogan will win a prize - I can't reveal what yet, but I know what it will be!!!

Here is my own very special can holder (and I'm telling you. this thing is a cool product) but, I'm not sure WHY it is necessary to have multiple stores rather than having multiple coffee mugs (etc.) at one store, but it is how they do it. I just created my own humble "Visionary and Founder Can Holder - take a peek if you wish www.cafepress.com/beemaster_store .
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 05:39:00 pm by beemaster »
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
Re: FORUM SLOGAN CONTEST - for member gift store products
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 03:49:09 pm »
beemaster.com, sweet as honey

swarming with good stuff, beemaster.com

« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:24:41 pm by G3farms »
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 03:52:45 pm »
everybody is buzzin' about beemaster.com

catch the buzz at beemaster.com

see all of the sticky situations at beemaster.com  (referring to cutouts)

pass the bees please at beemaster.com

« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:24:15 pm by G3farms »
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 05:44:05 pm »
Just thought I'd check out the "honeybee artwork and stuff" at cafepress, some good ideas to work with, sure has me brainstorming.

http://shop.cafepress.com/honeybees?page=1

THERE ARE 36 THOUSAND designs here (many the same on different products) but still 36,000 to look at. I think this is a great way to hone in on a graphic logo to go with the slogan. Who knows, looking here, you might find the perfect shirt, cup, whatever that you've already been looking for :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 05:57:46 pm by beemaster »

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 10:17:48 pm »
I just got an ad for cafepress,   "20% off $50 plus with code TA0604"     Cool.  Maybe someone out there can use it.

Offline John Pfaff

• House Bee
    • HughesNet
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 11:48:31 pm »
Be(e) all you can be.

Once a bee keeper, always a bee keeper.

Beeware - I am an old beek.

Buzz off!

Honey, am I sweet to you?

Honeycomb, bee my baby...

I know, really bad, but lets see some that are better. Guess I could do this all night, but would probably put me beehind the ol' 8 ball.

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 09:11:20 am »
I like the one from an earlier post about a shirt that stated, "Got swarms, Nuc 'em."  It has a lil art work with it. 

I don't know if you could use since he has already one from cafepress or not but I really liked the slogan.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 09:36:43 am by jmblakeney »
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 10:10:22 am »
Ok, I still like

"Wanna talk bees?"
                      Beemaster.com
                      International Bee Keeping Forum

"Good friends are as sweet as honey"
                       Beemaster.com
                       International bee keeping forum

...JP

My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 11:50:36 am »
Bee with the best of 'em at Beemaster.com

Linda T

Offline Picobrew

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 10:34:09 pm »
Just brainstorming, right?  From late, late at night....

-If you build it, they will comb.

-Hive got a problem.

-"Yes, but usually it's my own fault."

-Free range/cage free beekeeper

-Ask me something about bees!

A whole genre of
  -Get buzzed
  -Slightly buzzed
  -Still buzzed
  -Totally buzzed

-WANTED: 60,000 roomates

They would all get the Beemaster.com caption.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:24:15 pm by Picobrew »
I think cayenne, I think cayenne.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 11:02:48 pm »
Haven't been around the keyboard much, dealing with my wife's health, she seems to be a bit better, but a tough 3 weeks.

I like what I see so far, I will be laying up a better post with a poll after we get enough slogans. I would really like to get at least three great ones that will go with nearly any product that would interest members.

I did get my t-shirts, they are very nice, although in hindsight I would like artwork on it - I have a hand drawn LOGO that is really cool looking, using the profile of a cartoonish bee which looks like the letter "B" followed by "eemaster.com" on the top-line, "International beekeeping Forum" the bee is very cute and unique looking. I'm pretty good with Paint.net software and want to do the logo that way rather than show the hand drawn version - but I think it is pretty cool. I'll post it in here when I get it done. This is one of those times that having a drawing tablet is really handy. Using the mouse to draw a free hand bee that looks like a bee and the letter B is trickier than I thought.

Thanks all - the logo idea is ideal for anyone wanting a shirt with a pocket logo rather than a huge logo and much cooler on cups, mugs and other smaller items. I still say, I love my coffee mugs, I'm keeping both at home and when we had grilled cheese and tomato soup a few nights ago, having the matching mugs was really fun.

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 11:35:29 pm »
It's OK. They don't "bite"
www.beemaster.com

As a matter of fact, I am crazy.
www.beemaster.com

face-what?
www.beemaster.com

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 11:51:13 pm »
How about

"PLAYS WITH BEES" on the front

"BEEMASTER.COM" on the back

Or how about

"GOT BEES" on front

There are some really good ones here already.

Offline Old Blue

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 01:47:22 am »
You beat me to it Annette.  I like the
Got bees? - Beemaster.com

I'd also like to throw out there for consideration

Beemaster.com - see what the buzz is all about!

Got bees? -Beemaster.com

Catch the buzz! - @Beemaster.com

Learn how to handle your honey! - Beemaster.com

Beemaster.com - it's whats buzzin!

Bee Wranglers do it @ Beemaster.com

Old Blue

Offline L Daxon

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 12:40:10 pm »
--Show me the Honey

--Bee Different.  Keep Bees

--Buggy as can Bee

--Life is a garden.  Drink it in.

--Bee Happy.  Eat Honey.

--Old Beekeepers
 don't get arthritis

Beware!  I Keep Bees.
linda d

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 01:42:53 pm »
"I ain't afraid of no BUTTSWORDS!"  (With a cartoon picture of a menacing honeybee with her stinger ready)

:-D

Rick

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 02:26:40 pm »
Busy with Bees @ Beemaster.com  or  Busy as Bees @ beemaster.com

No pain, no gain (with a bee and stinger under pain and a honey pot under gain)

We're just worker bees @ beemaster.com

Waggledance! --> beemaster.com

:),
love,
ziffa

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 06:21:10 pm »
Buttswords, now there's a new one for me.   :-D

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 02:19:01 am »
Have Bees.....Got Honey!  Beemaster.com
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Picobrew

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2011, 03:01:07 am »
"PLAYS WITH BEES" on the front

"BEEMASTER.COM" on the back

Or, "DANCES WITH BEES"
I think cayenne, I think cayenne.