Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Outyard etiquette, rules and regulations.....  (Read 6226 times)

Offline David McLeod

• Field Bee
  • Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
    • Georgia Wildlife Services, Inc
Outyard etiquette, rules and regulations.....
« on: July 25, 2012, 07:22:45 pm »
I got me a line on a couple of outyards today and since it has been years since I have had boxes on someone else's property I thought I would start a thread on the subject.

When you have an outyard on property not your own what are some do and don'ts. What should the landowner expect of of you and what would you expect out of the landowner.

Here's some of mine.

Treat the land as if it were my very own. Take care of it and don't trash the place.
If it's open leave it open, if it's closed close it behind me.
See a problem report a problem.
Never leave the hard top when it's muddy.
No invited guests allowed only assistants or employees and then only when needed.
My permissions are not blanket permissions.
Take nothing for granted, if in doubt ask.
Call ahead.
Georgia Wildlife Services,Inc
Georgia's Full Service Wildlife Solution
Atlanta (678) 572-8269 Macon (478) 227-4497
www.atlantawildliferemoval.net
georgiawildlifeservices@gmail.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Outyard etiquette, rules and regulations.....
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:00:15 pm »
Mow around the hives and keep them well stocked with honey.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 12:56:20 am »
Make sure you and the land owner are on the same page with everything.

Joe

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 05:32:20 pm »
When you catch fish off the land, share some with the owner.   Shoot something good, offer some meat to the owner.   Shoot something bad, haul it off.  And never over look a jar of honey to share every so often. 

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 10:33:48 pm »
Yeap Allen, I had a neighbor that had a little pond in front of his house.  I would go over and fish some times.  The most I ever caught was 6, could have caught more but then you may not get to come back.  When I caught 4 or 6 I would go up to his house and clean half of the fish for him and take the other half home to clean.  These were usually 10 to 12 pound each cat fish, fun to catch on a rod and reel from the bank.

Joe

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 10:04:41 am »
Good to think about David. 

Lone

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 11:14:17 am »
I don't have any out yards on somebody else, but there are a couple of guys that hunt on my place. I always tell them to call ahead if possible and if not at least stop by the house to let me know they are here. I can then inform them if the other guys are out hunting and if they see anybody else or anything funny going on to give me a call or take care of it themselves.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

anything