Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Water meter bees  (Read 2494 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Water meter bees
« on: May 18, 2011, 07:15:47 am »
This one was quick and easy. Featuring Peggy's masterful camera work :-D (it's kinda like Blair witch).

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kfaS0cgeVHA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
Re: Water meter bees
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 07:35:25 am »
      Nice job Scott. Camera work still good Peggy, just keep them coming.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 09:07:42 am »
I did a cut out of some water meter bees last year about that same size. When the person called me, I would have laid odds that they were yellow jackets coming out of the water meter cover. Thats why I dont buy into the whole 'swarm trap needs to be 15 feet in the air' rule anymore.

Nice, easy catch.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 09:19:57 am »
This was the third removal from water meters that we've done in the past two weeks. We do removals for 3 different utilities commissions and get a ton of them every year.

The State's position is that these underground bees are Africanized and should be exterminated, but then again, the powers that be feel that external colonies on trees must be Africanized as well...go figure.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 12:27:03 pm »
Looked like fun!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 11:35:13 pm »
Talk about an itty bitty hive.   Don't leave a bee behind, they need every one.   Good to see some tape on the hole in the lid.  Very small hive.   Good video.

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 12:37:15 am »
good job buddy
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

anything