Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dumb People!!  (Read 3922 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Dumb People!!
« on: August 25, 2009, 01:57:19 pm »
I get so sick of our DUMB news reporters and other people, you think people would do a little reading before they open their mouth's, in the video the guys gets stung by yellow jackets and they say that then others call everything Bee's, and the last part of it they show honey bee's, they confuse people that dont know. 

http://www.weather.com/multimedia/videoplayer.html?from=email&bcpid=823425597&bclid=877032950&bctid=35216851001
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline doak

• Super Bee
Re: Dumb People!!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 06:30:37 pm »
Right on, It really ticked me off.
People who don't know, shouldn't show.
Thanks TwT for being there with me.
doak

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 09:53:08 pm »
I seen this when it aired a couple days ago or maybe even yesterday.  I had the same reaction at the end with the clip of honey bee or bees whatever it was.  I started to watch it but knew exactly what you were saying as soon as it started.

If they showed something this misleading, like showing a Ford when Talking about a GM, they would probably get sued.

Lets all send them an email and complain.  I will right now.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 10:44:44 pm »
You get a form that says

I do not like....

and I put;

when you reenact a vicious attack by hornets on a human and then show a clip of hundreds of honey bees at the end of story.  This has got to be the most ignorant thing you could do to confuse and mislead people.  Now viewers may think a honeybee nest is hornets and kill them or think foraging honey bees are deadly hornets and spray there flowers with pesticides which the foraging honeybees would them bring back to there hives.  I am not the only person who noticed this as I'm sure you are finding out. I belive this program should be aired again with correct footage of the type of hornets involved in the attack and then show and explain that the previously aired footage of bees (practicaly portrait as hornets) is actually honeybees.  Hornets are not bees, they are a wasp and they have an ill temper.

Here is the feedback link
http://www.weather.com/common/survey/feedback.html?from=footer
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 10:54:29 pm »
I sent mine.
doak

Offline GaryMinckler

• House Bee
    • Honeybees and Beekeeping
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 09:44:49 pm »
Hopefully they'll get a lot of feedback on this one.  I'm in!!

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 10:21:26 pm »
 i SENT MINE IN TOO!
YOUR FRIEND,
JOHN

anything