Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Funny?? or too close to truth?  (Read 1724 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Funny?? or too close to truth?
« on: January 05, 2014, 03:14:30 pm »
My Building Permit:
Some have asked what I've been doing in retirement.  Well, I applied for a building permit for a new house.
It was going to be 100 ft tall and 400 ft wide, with 12 gun turrets at various heights, and windows all over the place and a loud outside entertainment sound system.  It would have parking for 200 cars, and I was going to paint it snot green with pink trim.  The City Council told me; “Forget it...AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!”  So, I sent in the application again, but this time I called it a 'Mosque'.  Work starts on Monday.
I love this country.  It’s the government that scares me.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Funny?? or too close to truth?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 12:13:55 am »
Wait until the arborist inspector shuts you down for not have your tree plan the way he wants........ That's big city government 

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 06:20:02 am »
No, that’s small government and they are a much bigger pain in the butt than the Feds.  I can’t even cut down a stinkin tree without getting approval from the city first.  We have a forest commission that determines these things in my little city of 5000!

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 12:56:00 pm »
If that tree just happens to die, for what ever reason... they will be demanding you take it down to protect your neighbors.
 :-D
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin