Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Massachusetts Field Day June 20,2015 in South Deerfield,Massachusetts  (Read 6777 times)

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
This is a FREE event
Massachusetts field day is coming up June 20,2015 South Deerfield Massachusetts

http://massbee.org/meetings/2015-field-day

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
Massachusetts Beekeepers Association - An Invitation to Join Us for the 2015 MBA Field Day Saturday JUNE 20th 9:00 AM ? 3:45 PM (Rain or shine ? no rain date)University of Massachusetts Agronomy Farm, 89 River Road, Deerfield, MA 01373 (by Google Maps).
 FOLLOW THE YELLOW BEE SIGNS

Who are the 2015 presenters: Dick Connor (Sideliner; Red Barn Honey) ? Feeders & Feeding, Daniel Berry ? Making Increases in the Bee yard, Ken Warchol (Mass Bee Inspector) ? Reading the Hive, Anita Deeley (Mass Bee Inspector) ? Swarms & Swarming, Roland Sevigny ? Using the Double Screen,or Snellgrove Board, Kristy Hemenway (Gold Star Bees) ? Managing Top Bar Hives, Jared Fowler PhD ? Plants and Pollinators, Mary Dwayne (EAS Master Beekeeper) ? What the new beekeeper needs to look for in their hive, Ed Karle ? Diagnosing Diseases in the Hive, Tony Lulec ? Making Soap and other Products of the Hive, Leslie Huston (EAS Master Beekeeper) ? What to do after your hive swarms, Richard Romanych ? The Warre Hive, Rick Reault (MBA President) ? Using Mite Treatments safely & effectively, Greg Ker ? Mite control using Oxalic Acid, Roger Reid ? How to safely move you beehive, Dan Conlon ? Basics of Queen Rearing for the small Apiary. We will likely add a few more presenters for June 20th. But this represents a great core of regional experts.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :smile:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 07:01:37 am by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Next weekend will be here before ya know it!

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
This is the weekend.   Looks like a cool start then a sunny,nice day for the event. :smile:

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
Mass bee had another good show this year. They never disappoint! And it was great getting to see Jim134 and say hello to Reinbeau and Woodchopper from the forum.
 I got up there early Friday and found some other activities going on that made it an even better weekend.
 Thank you to everyone that put this togetrher at Mass Bee !

anything