Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from MD  (Read 2080 times)

Offline beccasmom

• Brood
Hi from MD
« on: April 29, 2011, 05:37:07 pm »
Hi - I'm new here & to beekeeping.  My husband & I took a class and got 2 hives.  I put our packages (Italian) in last Wed (4/20) and by Tues (4/26) one was gone.  Completely gone.   :?  anyway, we hope to be able to replace it and continue our 1st year with wonderful healthy bees.  Our daughter (3) loves her new "pets"! I look forward to reading & learning a lot more here!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hi from MD
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 09:02:05 pm »
Welcome to the forum.    There's a lot to be learned in here. 

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 09:52:36 pm »
Welcome! Where are you?
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline emfilter

• Brood
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 06:14:24 pm »
Hello! I'm also a new-bee from Maryland!  Over the winter, I took a beekeeping class after reading about the threat to our food supply.  When it came time to go into our instructor's hive, I fell 'in love'...and I want to be part of the solution!  I received my package of bees on April 10th (I only have one hive).  I've had a few challenges and a lot of questions so hopefully I can find some patient people here who will help me.  So far the hive seems to be rocking though, despite my struggles! 

Offline Mshel

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 08:11:33 pm »
Hi! :)

Offline frustratedfarmer

• New Bee
  • My user name pretty much says it all. LOL
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 09:01:41 pm »
Hello and welcome Beccasmom, I too, am a newbee and have found that there are a lot of good people and an incredible amount of really good information on this forum.

Good luck and high regards,
The Frustratedfarmer
Democracy depends on everyone being informed of the issues important to the survival of the community, and making informed choices based on that knowledge. Sadly, too many of us don't want or have lost that knowledge.

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 12:25:46 pm »
Welcome to the site!