Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Warm afternoon..status report  (Read 1204 times)

Offline EasternShore

• House Bee
  • Tending 50K angry insects is just .........crazy!
    • OMG Apiary
Warm afternoon..status report
« on: February 27, 2009, 03:13:03 pm »
Hi everyone!
Been busy ordering all I need and setting up for a busy season. Went out today to watch the girls and do a full inspection of my 3 test hives.

Hive 1: Double deep 7.5 frames of honey left, 2 half frames of brood in center of upper box. Lower box empty. Good numbers and forergers out gathering gray pollen. Put 1 mega Bee patty on to give them a boost.

Hive 2: 2 deeps..top hive 8 frames of honey 1/2 frames in center with brood, Saw queeny..woohoo. 1 mega patty..numbers fair. Bottom box was bad news..Micky Mouse came to visit..tore the comb up bad. He pushed by my screen..bugger. Moved empty deep to top added new frames.

Hive 3: Single deep packed with bee's and honey, frames and comb locked together so I did'nt go any farther. Added a deep on top with 1/2 & 1/2 starter strips and regular foundation.

Tree hive did not seem to be active..still alittle worried about those girls but will just have to wait till warm weather and hope they move into the deep on top. PRAY HARD FOLKS! This colony was Booming in the fall. Too deep to see inside from open top.

Thanks to all for making my return to Beek'n easy.
Anything worth doing is worth doing well.
We are the keepers, it is our duty to preserve life.

anything