Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Derekm's Hive  (Read 61817 times)

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
Re: Derekm's Hive
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2012, 05:47:16 am »
Hi Pal. I have nursed my hives 50 years without your help.  I have got splended yields at the level of Alaska what you have never seen or dreamed.
I bought my first appartment in capital city with honey money 1973.
Please, don't explain your wax and sting therapy.

I am sad that I have wasted my time with a guy like you. I am really bored now about your spamming.

Language barrier NOT included

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2012, 06:10:05 am »
Wow Finski, having 'another' bad day huh? 

If 'answering' questions is wasting your time and bores you, why come around?  Burned too many bridges, perhaps?  That'd be my guess  ;)

Just so you can tell us how great a beek you are w/ your 50 years of experience?  No one cares for braggers, especially those throwing insults along w/ useless advise.

You can be a real BORE and seem to have no problem wasting others time w/ your irrational (drug or alcohol induced?) rants. 

Please get over yourself  :-D  Come on down off your throne Fin, its got to be lonely up there.
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2012, 07:02:10 am »
I second what T Beek said so eloquently. X:X 

Everybody else was trying to discuss bees and bee behavior inside insulated hives in this tread.  Talking about bees on a bee forum isn’t exactly my definition of spamming.  Spewing insults at everybody else would be closer to spamming.

It’s a new day, let’s hit the reset button and start over.  :)

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2012, 08:04:17 am »
Heh heh heh

Offline derekm

• Field Bee
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2012, 08:48:27 am »
and can only measure their knowledge in kilos of honey

So it is...

If you use a persons past  honey yield as means to attack their arguments you are attacking the person not the argument(Ad hominem - just for edward)
To use a persons honey yield as ameans to attack their overall grasp of science is just another personal attack.
If someone can show better grasp of science than you, then to dismiss science where it obviously relavent is just another personal attack.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 09:03:41 am by derekm »
If they increased energy bill for your home by a factor of 4.5 would you consider that cruel? If so why are you doing that to your bees?

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2012, 10:59:04 am »
 :nicethread: :pop: I'm sure Finski has a twin on another forum. Nothing to do with bees. U know just the guy that has to stir up s#*t. Fun to watch guys who know their stuff going at it. I'm just sayin. :-D Don't flame me to bad but I thought this thread was about a really cool looking insulated hive. Y'all keep it up. Have fun.
Later,
Ray

Offline derekm

• Field Bee
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2012, 11:46:21 am »
here's a couple of hives recently in the frost. you can see the condensation of frost above the entrance from the heat plume out of the entrance.

If they increased energy bill for your home by a factor of 4.5 would you consider that cruel? If so why are you doing that to your bees?

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2012, 06:45:21 pm »
Now come on everyone, here is rule 2 of our forum:

RULE 2) BE KIND and INTERACT, NOT REACT. AGREE TO DISAGREE EVEN IF ATTACKED BY ANOTHER MEMBER - WE WILL HANDLE THE OTHER MEMBER.

If you don't agree with someone's view, EXPRESS your views rather than tear down theirs. You have the option on EVERY POST to report that post to Moderators, use this to quickly make us aware of a possible problem, we will take it from there.

Be kind to other members, do not put them down, bait them into fighting or do anything to create a fight whether in open forum or private messaging. Trashing another member will surely lead you toward the banishment door quickly. New members are expected to abide by the same rules as seasoned members. We believe that Ignorance of a rule is NO excuse to break it – you are expected to read the bylaws and strictly abide by them.

Pay attention! The door slams without warning sometimes. Lets not race to the bottom.

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2012, 07:10:00 pm »
 :bee: During peak season the bee stings the beekeeper  :bee:

:fishhit: In the off season the beekeeper stings other beekeepers  :buttkick:

mvh edward  :-P

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2012, 07:32:15 pm »
Well insulated hives make the bees job easier to regulate the hive temperature, both in the summer and winter.

In Sweden and other cold winter countries you can help/save week hives by putting them i barns or cellars where the temperature fluctuations between night and day are minimal, this means that the bees don't have to work so hard to change there heat output to compensate, this also means there will bee less condensation due to temperature fluctuation.

:bee: It works  :bee:

I wouldn't dream of wrapping my hives i black tar paper and top ventilating them, but it seems to work for those that do practice that way of beekeeping.

Look ask (AND UNDERSTAND) what works for your neighbors and act accordingly  ;)

mvh edward  :-P

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2012, 12:25:36 am »
Now come on everyone, here is rule 2 of our forum:

RULE 2) BE KIND and INTERACT, NOT REACT. AGREE TO DISAGREE EVEN IF ATTACKED BY ANOTHER MEMBER - WE WILL HANDLE THE OTHER MEMBER.

If you don't agree with someone's view,.

Oh my goodness.

It seems that in this forum the biggest mistake is that a beekeeper try to get big yield from his hives and the bigger mistake is if he extracts the yield and give sugar for winter food.

Like that policeman explained in this forum that he know that phenomenom. If people are poor, they must sell honey to keep alive their families. In some countries...

Now I was allowed to know that my polyhives are freezeners and I heat hives with electrich because I have so few bees in them.

I have just explained proubly that one hives had 15 frames brood and another 20 frames.

And then I try to explain to these guys that bees keep 36C temp inside the brood box. But these guys insist that "don't you understand that your bees are in freezener".

Ridiculous "discussion"

That is pure spamming. No one can not be that stupid.
But if the guys are serious, first thing what moderator should do is call an ambulance to those guy's home.

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2012, 12:28:02 am »
Very typical spamming

Sorry Fin, those are your 'assumptions' nothing more.  You have alot of them  :-D  We know.

I get more than enough honey from my bees but it has never been my primary motivation for keeping them.  And I've already told you I 'rarely' get stung despite 7-10 day inspections.  

I'm hardly alone, especially these days.  Perhaps I don't get stung because I'm not always taking all their honey.  Hmmmm?  

As you've told us; You TAKE all honey and feed your bees enough syrup in the Fall to survive until March or April, and now you seem to be condemning those who chose to leave enough honey for overwintering so they don't have to feed syrup unless there's an extreme reason to do so.  

Are you kidding or is it that language barrier thing again?  :-D

Are you trying to convince someone that leaving bees enough of their own honey for winter is a BAD thing?  

Please say it isn't so  :?

And that happens in every issue what I write here. Mr Black Jack is allways exhihibiting his black humour.

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2012, 12:33:47 am »

In Sweden and other cold winter countries you can help/save week hives by putting them i barns or cellars

Very seldom because modern hives are so good. You cannot collect 1000 hives from woods to cellar.

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2012, 01:17:49 am »
In Sweden and other cold winter countries you can help/save week hives by putting them i barns or cellars
Very seldom because modern hives are so good. You cannot collect 1000 hives from woods to cellar.

Week and hives with small amount bees that are a gamble to try and get them through the winter with new queens. Not normal production hives.

mvh edward  :-P

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2012, 05:41:30 am »

Week and hives with small amount bees that are a gamble to try and get them through the winter with new queens. Not normal production hives.

mvh edward  :-P

They are said nucs and they are often 5 frame hives.
That is true.

But in north there is nothing unclear in this issue, how the wintering goes and in what kind of hives.

If wintering is unclear, the guy will loose his hives. He cannot continues more than 2 years.
He kills his first hives and then next yeard second hives. And if even only small part of his brains works, he gives up then.

Oh mine..... open feeding before the permanent snow cover falls down?

We have today independence day. Should I arrange open feeding to hives. Temp is -10 and snow coves is 25 cm. They surely come get some dry sugar and honey balls.

Wake up wake  up! It is indepence day!!!
Come on. Don't be shy!

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2012, 05:56:28 am »
A little early to be hitting it already isn't it?  :-D

How'd you get so smart :?

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2012, 06:14:20 am »
T Beek, I’m afraid our friend might be on a honey ball high this morning.  :) 

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2012, 06:16:29 am »
Of Course!  That must be it  :-D

Offline Finski

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2012, 06:30:39 am »
I found now a nice list of open feeding days

http://www.usa.gov/citizens/holidays.shtml