Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: PETA  (Read 11574 times)

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
Re: PETA
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2009, 05:07:44 pm »
You have a problem on your hands. I wish you luck.

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2009, 05:15:16 pm »
They have been known to "liberate" entire barns of hogs around here.  The break in and open all the pens and leave the doors open.  The only option is to shoot every hog you see or they will start to destroy cropland.  2200 head of fat hogs on the loose is no fun!

seems if you shot the peta member it would solve the problem :-D

and "2200 head of fat hogs on the loose is no fun" why you bringing washington politics into this thread? :-D

Keith

Offline manfre

• House Bee
    • Backyard Apiary
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2009, 07:31:24 pm »
seems if you shot the peta member it would solve the problem :-D

If peta truly followed their own beliefs, then they would probably be supportive of you removing a human from the earth. One less person to take up the space of animals.

Self defense is a lot easier to prove when the assailant is dead.
Backyard Apiary - My adventures in beekeeping.
Brewed By Us - A social site for homebrewers (beer, mead, etc.) to share recipes and brew journals.

Offline tlynn

• Field Bee
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2009, 11:25:46 pm »
Whatever one's cause, it's the fanatic that's dangerous, and some of PETA's membership no doubt falls into that category.  Become a fanatic and things like torching an animal research facility, bombing a womens' clinic, or flying planes into buildings end up as a result.  It's easy to latch onto someone else's disagreeable behavior and call them crazy or wacko or even liberal. So be careful about that - they're not necessarily crazy - they're completely committed to whatever they believe in in the extreme.

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2009, 11:39:14 pm »
tlynn--I think you're exactly right. It's scary to think about becoming so focused on one thing that you can't see the big picture any more...
The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson

Offline foxman

• House Bee
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2009, 11:44:28 pm »
PETA= People for the Eternal Torment of Animals
Id love to get a PETA member on my 20 acre farm w/o my permision, their departure would not be pleasant..........for them
they may be fanatics for animals but i am proud to say i am a fanatic for the safety of myself, my family, my girl, my friends, my animals, and my land, unafraid to defend its rights armed or unarmed.let my firearm "judge" them if they intend on bringing harm to anything of mineor anything i love.
The most dangerous ideas are not those in which we disagree but those in which we all agree upon

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2009, 01:35:15 am »
Whatever one's cause, it's the fanatic that's dangerous, and some of PETA's membership no doubt falls into that category.

when the charter is radical, it is logical to assume that the adherents are, unless they can prove they are not. didn't your mom every tell you "you are known by the company you keep"?   
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Rodni73

• House Bee
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2009, 01:40:02 am »
It took my family 7 years of back breaking work to sustain and thrive in their business. I am talking about 16 hours a day 7 days a week commitment.
G*d forbid if someone or an organization like Peta with its fruity members try to hurt my family it would be devastating.  I feel so bad for the member who is being harassed for his bees and hogs by a lady who has nothing better to do..! How frustrating to see people like this.... I saw them all around me in College: privileged spoiled and just haggard no good idiots and brats.. some pretending to be communists, some pretending to be anarchists, some confused or just idiots waiting for a cause to come by to occupy their wasted time.

I watched Whale wars and the characters in the pirate ship reminds of me those fanatics! Why not sustainable harvest of a marine resource? Why must people with so much free time on their hand as to ride a ship to harass hard working people harvesting the bounty of the ocean?

I mean if people can't eat whale meat what is next?
-Did you know that a head of letuce is a complex organism? and as such we should not eat it... Get the image? when will these people stop?

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2009, 02:18:53 am »

[...]when will these people stop?
JP made an excellent point calling them a cult.  They definitely meet at least the most common requirements to be a dysfunctional religion.
they won't stop. Short of interventive deprogramming they will continue to believe what they believe even in the face of all evidence to the contrary.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline tlynn

• Field Bee
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2009, 03:49:28 pm »
Whatever one's cause, it's the fanatic that's dangerous, and some of PETA's membership no doubt falls into that category.

when the charter is radical, it is logical to assume that the adherents are, unless they can prove they are not. didn't your mom every tell you "you are known by the company you keep"?   

What do you mean "radical charter?"  Are you suggesting a company's corporate charter would have language in it that condones violence?  If this were so, members of the board of directors, executives, and maybe even shareholders could be liable for such violent acts of its employees or volunteers.  I doubt very seriously this would be the case.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2009, 04:34:14 pm »
Are you suggesting a company's corporate charter would have language in it that condones violence?  If this were so, members of the board of directors, executives, and maybe even shareholders could be liable for such violent acts of its employees or volunteers.  I doubt very seriously this would be the case.

we are not talking about a company.  we are talking about an organization.  if the foundation of the organization is radical, we should not be surprised if the members behave in a radical way.  and yes, i would imagine that if an organization or company supported or taught radicalism, they would be held responsible for that behavior if laws are broken.

an extreme example would be something like the hamas charter.  part of the charter supports the destruction of israel.  should we be surprised, then, when the members go blow themselves up in ice cream parlors?  is hamas responsible for supporting and encouraging this behavior?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Rebel Rose Apiary

• House Bee
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2009, 04:37:20 pm »
I guess that I am enslaving honey bees too.  I have an electric fence around my hives.  :-D

Now that made me laugh! Thank you! :lau:

Brenda

• House Bee
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2009, 04:44:16 pm »
But I'm taking a stand.  They ain't taking my hive tool until they pry it from my cold, dead, fingers.

:cheer:

I don't know about the rest of you, but if they do try to take my 'hive tool' from me.....the heck with my cold dead fingers....I am going to SMOKE them!  :evil: :-D

Brenda

• House Bee
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2009, 04:48:43 pm »
They have been known to "liberate" entire barns of hogs around here.  The break in and open all the pens and leave the doors open.  The only option is to shoot every hog you see or they will start to destroy cropland.  2200 head of fat hogs on the loose is no fun!

I was just telling this to my friend who is visiting me from Texas....it seems that most of the feral hogs that are now found in 40 states have DNA from some of the hogs that PETA and some other groups turned loose.

The feral hogs are really a problem in some states and they breed so fast that it is only a matter of time before they destroy a major part of our food supply.

I was also just thinking what sort of damages that a herd of Russian hybrid hogs would do to an apiary! It would be bad...probably worse than a tornado!

Brenda

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2009, 04:54:39 pm »
The feral hogs are really a problem in some states and they breed so fast that it is only a matter of time before they destroy a major part of our food supply

i am not worried.  i have no problem eating the pigs!!  what will the veggie chompers eat?   :evil:

Offline WOB419

• House Bee
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2009, 09:22:44 pm »
Nothing a good dose of rock salt and a 12 gauge wouldn't cure. And all the evidence melts over a few hours time.   :evil:    :-D   :-D

Salted PETA...hmmm, add some tuna salad and and a cold glass of milk and I think you have a meal.  I'll try it.