Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Northeast Treatment Free Beekeeping Conference - Day 1 Photo  (Read 13281 times)

Offline BoBn

• House Bee
    • h
Re: Northeast Treatment Free Beekeeping Conference - Day 1 Photo
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2009, 12:40:49 pm »
The conference was great. Thanks to all.

When I walked through the door, behind me was a friend (Jenny) that I hadn't seen in a few years.  Many similar instances followed of meeting new and old friends.  I also got to talk to many beesource folks.

I enjoyed taking with Ramona, Sam Comfort, Michael Bush, and Dee Lusby. On Saturday I ate lunch sitting next to Dee and got a chance to learn about her beekeeping operation. 

I am trying to put together a short presentation for our local beekeepers association. It is difficult to pare down a synopsis of the conference without going into too much detail.

Every presentation generated lots of questions.

I think that all of the speakers would agree upon the following:
You should be keeping bees that are adapted to your local conditions. 
If you (or your bees) are not raising your own queens, then you should be getting them from a local source.

Thanks deknow & Ramona for all of your work!
"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one-half the world fools and the other half hypocrites."
--Thomas Jefferson

anything