Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: lost my seeds  (Read 2867 times)

Offline Keith13

• Super Bee
lost my seeds
« on: May 14, 2008, 08:15:43 pm »
well I started a bunch of sunflower and spearmint as well as some hyssop seeds had the all growing well.  But, today we had thunderstorms from heck flooded all my seedlings out totally wiped them out. Bummer I guess I will have to get them going again :'(

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: lost my seeds
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 10:18:30 am »
Keith, that is a bummer, there is so much work to getting seeds going, but don't give up, set them again, determined gardeners get excellent results, you are determined.  Have that beautiful and great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 12:49:05 pm »
you probably didn't lose them.  you'll find them washed into clumps in low spots.  happens to me all the time when i reseed pastures and then we get dumped on.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 09:56:40 am »
I take it you sowed them directly into the soil?  I have learned that starting them in yogurt cups gives me an excellent opportunity to save them from such disasters until they are big enough to take it.  I still occasionally lose them when I forget to bring them in... but it still saves more than the other way.

Good luck getting the new set going.  I just started germinating a packet of them myself... there's still plenty of time for them to mature, so don't worry too much.  It's only a couple bucks worth of seeds (unless you have whole fields of them).