Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Locking a topic because of a few (African Killer Bees)  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Arkwood

• House Bee
Locking a topic because of a few (African Killer Bees)
« on: June 04, 2013, 08:47:47 am »
I got on today and started reading the replies that were left about the man and wife who were attacked by Killer Bees. I'm not here to restart that topic but mostly to say, Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us (I won't drop any names). Instead of being the bigger man/woman and ignoring the posts a few had to keep running their fingers! I understand a few back and forth but some people got it and said be quiet before it's locked...

I really wish instead of locking a topic and punishing everyone, why not put a 24 hour ban on those who can't resist keeping things civil so that the rest of us can enjoy it?

If you guys want to argue, take it to the PM!

I'm just saying...  :(
What are words for, when no one listens anymore.

Moots

Re: Locking a topic because of a few (African Killer Bees)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 08:55:22 am »
I got on today and started reading the replies that were left about the man and wife who were attacked by Killer Bees. I'm not here to restart that topic but mostly to say, Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us (I won't drop any names). Instead of being the bigger man/woman and ignoring the posts a few had to keep running their fingers! I understand a few back and forth but some people got it and said be quiet before it's locked...

I really wish instead of locking a topic and punishing everyone, why not put a 24 hour ban on those who can't resist keeping things civil so that the rest of us can enjoy it?

If you guys want to argue, take it to the PM!

I'm just saying...  :(

Arkwood,
No name dropping necessary, it's pretty obvious that I'm one of the parties you are referring to.  Your comments are fair enough, My apologies for ruining your thread.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 06:55:56 pm »
Arkwood,
We have our rules in place and the forum is not run as a democracy.When we lock a thread, it is unforunate.
This warning was a shot over the bow. When feuds like this start, and are rekindled, we have just removed said infractors from being able to participate anymore period. 
When a warning appears, people should not take it lightly. We have been very successful with these policies over the years. We would rather maintain quality membership than larger quantities of members.
I do apologize that it happened on your post. But not for locking it down with the battles being waged in it.

Offline Arkwood

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 11:38:30 pm »
It's not that I started it and am upset its locked. It could have been anyones topic... I'm not here to argue or drag it out. As they say, it is what it is.  ;)
What are words for, when no one listens anymore.

Offline Better.to.Bee.than.not

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 02:30:28 am »
ya, I'm with Moots...my apologies to any and all for being involved. honestly though, I believe we both ended it way prior to it being locked. but it is what it is, and I come here to relate to bees, not to cause problems, so sorry to you, as the OP, and anyone else about it then evidently turning into something personal that had less to do with the topic or bees at all.

I'm fine with not only locking it, but just removing it, and reposting the OP.

anything