Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Airshow Downunder  (Read 4403 times)

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
Airshow Downunder
« on: March 24, 2007, 04:59:05 pm »
Heres a few from yesterday, only took 1200 pics and hope to take a few more today.

My flight was scrubbed 5 minutes into the air, the landing strip was awash. So we had to head back and I was forced onto the train grrrrrrrrr. We better be able to land today or I think I might cry.

Heading off in an hour!

A/C from Teds era

One for John

And one for Josh!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Airshow Downunder
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 09:22:55 pm »
Mick, holy cow, those are some pretty nice pictures.  1,200 you took.  Eeks!!!!  Been away somewhere?

Can't wait to see your pictures you put on tomorrow (or whenever).  Best of your day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 09:23:54 pm »
Nice pictures Mick. Nice to see you posting again.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
General Chuck Yeager
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 11:39:00 pm »
The man was in fine form over the weekend.

Truly a great American and we were very happy to have him here for a few days. Sharp as a tack is the General!

THE General Chuck Yeager: Command Pilot, AFSDM, Silver Star, Legion of Merit with Oak Leaf Cluster, DFC, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, Air Meal with TEN Oak Leaf Clusters, AFOUA, AFCM, AMSDM, ACM, EAMECM, WW2VM, Presidential Medal of Freedom, Collier Trophy, Mackay Trophy, Congressional Silver Medal of Honour.

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down." Chuck Yeager.

I have to tell you, on behalf of we who live Downunder, how much we admire and respect this man. He truly represents the finest generation. He is a credit to your Country.

In difficult times such as these, it is important to reflect on the efforts and accomplishments of men such as this.

Chuck Yeager is an inspiration to all of us. If our contribution to our respective countries can be 1% of this mans, we can consider ourselves as having made a worthwhile contribution.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 07:27:31 am by mick »

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 12:05:13 am »
Hands up, baby hands up, great pictures Mick.  The General looks happy and lovin' life.  Best of this great day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 06:13:58 am »
I think this qualifies as low flying!

Aussie Tiger Eurocopter, you dont want this looking down at you!

Only terrorists feel these babys!

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 07:15:32 am »
Cool pics Mick.It's been a long time since we've had an airshow near here. Maybe soon again I hope!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 10:40:34 am »
Mick, very nice, keep em' comin'.  Best of the day.  Cindi

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 06:48:35 am »
US Navys finest

HAVOC 93

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 07:03:42 am »
More of Teds vintage a/c.

This is the Super Constellation, how Ted would have got to Australia in the 1950s before jet engines. It has 4 radial engines and makes the best noise of any prop a/c around!

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 11:05:15 am »
tinmick, you can stop posting these photos you know...coz im getting pretty darn envious
 :lol:

reaaly nice photos must i say!

anything