Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: SUBMIT YOUR FAVORITE WALLPAPER SIZED PHOTOS - CONTEST.....  (Read 41291 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
SUBMIT YOUR FAVORITE WALLPAPER SIZED PHOTOS - CONTEST.....
« on: September 05, 2007, 04:52:23 pm »
The Mod Staff has taken the liking to a wallpaper photo contest - You have to the 24th of each month to submit (no more than 10) photos YOU THINK best desribe THAT months issue - we are starting here NOW with OCTOBER - should be FUN, lots of photo opertunities to take there - from Wintering to Halloween :)

Your photos are there as public domain - this forum will be a depository for SEASONAL WALLPAPER IMAGES - a neat source for calendars from your printers too :) In a few months, we'll have hundreds of great wallpaper images to be proud of :)

Note - the Moderators Judge the top 5 images - (they will be named by REPLY NUMBER #) and Membername - then YOU the MEMBERS choose the WINNER from the top 5 list!!!! That should be cool - there are no prices, except you win THAT MONTHS OCTOBER CALENDAR page if we put together a calendar of best photos!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
Re: SUBMIT YOUR FAVORITE WALLPAPER SIZED PHOTOS - CONTEST.....
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 03:19:56 pm »
Are these to be beekeeping related photos only?
"Your fire arms are useless against them" - Chris Farley in Tommy Boy
Semper Fi
www.gregsbees.com www.secondfast.com/gregsworkshop/ www.secondfast.com/bees

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 03:28:38 pm »
I must have added that to a different post - I made 3 posts, but ABSOLUTELY ANY IMAGE (for examplle Pumkins and leaves for October) is PERFECTLY FINE. It is ON ALL TOPICS each month.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 05:06:53 pm »
do we submit to this thread?
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 02:09:36 am »
John, beautiful, what a wonderful idea. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 06:20:37 am »
we can start a thread for each months pic's after time runs out we can lock the thread, but maybe john might want to figure how he might can tie in a poll before the thread is started, always go back and edit the poll by adding choices then, shoot i dont know was just thinking out load.
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline MrILoveTheAnts

• Field Bee
    • Biodiverse Gardens
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 01:37:05 pm »
Should these be a specific amount of pixels? 720 by 480 or what?

Offline biglipzit

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 08:39:14 pm »
Okay so i Live in the caribbean and we dont have any beautiful fall colors and we dont celebrate halloween. What else would anyone consider october to be represented by??? lol

Offline MrILoveTheAnts

• Field Bee
    • Biodiverse Gardens
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 09:33:23 pm »
Honey bees on vacation. something that reads Why aren't you here?

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 11:46:29 am »
Mici and Konasdad, beautiful shots!!!  Konasdad, is that the picture that you posted before on the forum?  I remember it because I thought that your pooch looked so beautiful in that lovely field, what a piece of wallpaper that would make for sure?  Have a great life and best of this day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 01:19:39 pm »
These are both incredible photos. It will be hard to decide.

Annette

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 12:43:38 pm »
JOhn, Rob, I don't think that I am quite getting this photo contest.  Is it in this thread that we post the pictures?  Sometimes I can't read between the lines.....help me with this one.  Have a beautiful day, do love our life we live.  Cindi

Offline Romahawk

• House Bee
    • http://www.romahawk.com
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 11:35:35 pm »
SO far I think I like Mici's Country lane. Looks like a great place to live and relax.
Never let your education interfere with your learning" --Samuel Clemens

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 11:07:35 am »
Geoff, that is one beautiful picture of that bridge, wow!!!!!  Have a wonderful and great day, Cindi

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 06:34:58 am »
the cow.....absolute winner

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 10:02:06 am »
UtahBees.  Nice pictures!!!!  I lke the one with the rainbow, now that is a beauty.  Best of our wonderful life and great day.  Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 09:22:43 pm »
For me the turtle one wins.
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline UtahBees

• House Bee
    • My Photos on Flickr
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 12:37:01 am »
Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

I took the photos from my Flickr page. Keep scrolling through the photos by clicking the Next button on the bottom of the page:

http://flickr.com/photos/barl0w/

Regards,

UtahBees

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 03:26:04 am »
About the firsts photos sent by Mici and Konasdad.
Both are touching the perfection and the apple will remain in the tree.
 The apple for the “best”: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_of_Discord

The Mici forest, where more of the trees are located on the upper right corner is similar to Las Lanzas by Velazquez…to me. Not sure if I have artistic sensibility, but looking that pictures I am focused in the number of trees and number of lanzas.

http://www.safran-arts.com/42day/art/art4aug/velasqez/breda.html

The Konasdas´s dog brought at my mind “Las Meninas” by Velasquez, again, the big dog communicates tranquility and human warmth. Probably both dogs are Socrates´reincarnation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Las_Meninas

About the last photo by Mici….Mici, have not you a table to work more comfortable? :-D

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2007, 11:14:36 pm »
Abejaruco, what a great picture of your pooch running along, man can he go like the wind!!!  Have a wonderful day, beautiful life.  Cindi

anything