Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Shooting  (Read 6263 times)

Offline don2

• Doak
  • Field Bee
Shooting
« on: May 24, 2011, 12:22:11 pm »
Wondering if there is any one here that load your own ammo. :)don2/aka/doak

Offline danno

• Super Bee
Re: Shooting
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 03:23:41 pm »
started with a versa mec 700, 12 ga. 40 years ago.  Got my first pacific centerfire press at age 16 or 37 years ago.  Have only bought 22rimfire and steal shot sho shells sinse

Offline don2

• Doak
  • Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 03:43:02 pm »
I have been at it only 5 years. Really still learning. I want to try to find a 410 loader. I have a 20 and 12 gauge shotgun, not shooting those 2 much and the shells aren't as high as the 410. May not get one for those two. I am currently loading for 5 center fire. Calibers. :)don2

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 09:47:32 pm »
Peggy's been bugging me to buy her a reloader for a long time! I'd like to load center fires but the 410's would be great too (that's what my daughter uses when we shoot sporting clays). The 410's aint cheap for sure and 16 ga is almost impossible to find around here.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 11:07:36 pm »
I use to shoot on a trap league where it was common to load 200 shells a week. Now mostly for custom loads for a tack driving 300Win. Mag. .I had it set up for hunting out west but now use for deer hunting all of the time. 

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 02:35:00 am »
Centerfire, rifle and pistol, yes.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Buzzen

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 09:46:56 pm »
Haven't loaded any shotgun ammo for a long time, but rifle and pistol, yes.  I enjoy it.

Offline joebrown

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 11:39:55 pm »
The 410's aint cheap for sure and 16 ga is almost impossible to find around here.

Scott

You are not kidding!!

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 06:27:09 pm »
Peggy's been bugging me to buy her a reloader for a long time! I'd like to load center fires but the 410's would be great too (that's what my daughter uses when we shoot sporting clays). The 410's aint cheap for sure and 16 ga is almost impossible to find around here.

Scott

If you can get some 45 long colt, 45/70, 45/90, or 45/100 brass, they can be loaded as 410 slug and shot shells.  As for the 16 gauge, it is hard to come by.  I have 2 16's and finding shells is difficult, usually when I can find some there's only a box or two.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline joebrown

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 09:59:53 pm »
Try finding a 7.7 Jap.