Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bruce Schawee And JP Do A Cut Out---June 28, 2010  (Read 6411 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Bruce Schawee And JP Do A Cut Out---June 28, 2010
« on: June 29, 2010, 03:01:25 am »
Yep, I had help from Schawee today. We removed bees from a shed wall and had a lot of fun. Never thought we'd find the queen, about gave up on her, she was in the bee vac, alive and well. We pulled a bunch of extremely thick honey comb sections and it was some good stuff, yeah y'all.

...JP

Honey bees Removed From Shed
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline montauk170

• House Bee
Re: Bruce Schawee And JP Do a Cut Out---June 28, 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 04:35:04 am »
Good job guys!

How did you find the queen in the bee vac with thousands of bees inside?

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 07:26:43 am »
Excellent it's great to see another member's face glad to meat you Schawee.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 10:04:49 am »
I really hate using the bee vac this time of year but we were really desperate to find the queen and weeding through the remaining bees just wasn't cuttin' it.

We were pretty much settled on the idea that Schawee was leaving with a queenless hive and hoping the bees would be able to make a nice queen from what we gave them.

We had picked up and cleaned up and on a last whim decided to empty the vac which I hate to admit housed mostly sticky and a good bit of dead bees.

Dumped them out into an empty deep and lo and behold, there she was! Alive and well.

She looked exactly like the rest of the bees, except for the extended abdomen.

I had fun with Schawee and I hope we will be doing others together. Schawee is a good guy and I promise I wasn't trying to get him stung a thousand times when I pulled that piece of clap board that made all those bees jump on him!  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 10:08:50 am »
I promise I wasn't trying to get him stung a thousand times when I pulled that piece of clap board that made all those bees jump on him! 

Ya right Jp :evil: :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 10:11:54 am »
Hey that was great ya'll could get together! I hope you were talkin' about more than bees though...maybe planning a gator/crawfish party?

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline joker1656

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 10:17:53 am »
Jp and Schawee, good job.  That was an impressive vid.  The comb honey made my mouth water LOL. 

Jp, thanks for the videos.
"Fear not the night.  Fear that which walks the night.  I am that which walks the night, BUT only EVIL need fear me..."-Lt. Col. David Grossman

Online G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 10:24:41 am »
Great video JP and and with special guest star Schawee!

That sure was some thick comb and good looking honey, must have tasted good also, looked like a bunch of it disappeared  :-D :-D

So did you make it out of there with two hives?

Another great episode from JPTV!!

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 10:55:12 am »
Was only able to make one hive since the space they had to work with was very limited and the bees used most of this space to pack on the honey.

Scott we talked about our other hobbies too, knitting and crocheting.  :-D

...JP

Offline montauk170

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 12:54:15 pm »
How many stings did Schawee receive when you tried to pull apart that board?

Hey, watch out, if you go gator hunting with him, he just might disturb the water some when you're dipping your foot in to cool off!  :-D

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 02:47:21 pm »
That video was so fabulous and glad you took the time to relax and eat the honey. To show us members how a cutout can be fun and relaxing also. I enjoyed every minute of it, and of course, will share it with Shawna (who by the way is fast becoming a devoted follower of yours) and the other beeks.

Seriously this is good stuff JP. Not trying to flatter you, it is so educational.

Annette

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 06:53:40 pm »
Annette, I spoke with Shawna, she's wonderful. I'm so happy you two hooked up. When y'all gonna do that removal?

I'll let Schawee say how many got him when I popped that wall board.  :-D

Looks like we gonna do a few more soon, maybe even this Friday. I just spoke with Schawee and he's gonna check his schedule.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

...JP

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 11:39:53 pm »
Hmm,
These two guys seem awful familiar to me.It's as though I've seen them somewhere before.
Hi JP and Bruce.
Glad you two are getting to work together. You make a great team.

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 11:52:07 pm »
well i got to say i had a great time and a lot of fun with jp on this cutout.i can say this i got stung twice and it wasn't from jp throwing a thousand bees on me.when we found the queen and had her on the box i tried to do a jpwith my hand and scoop up the bees.i put 3 hand full of bees on the box next to the queen.on the forth try i got stung on the tip of my finger.when bending down to put  the clap board back i was looking right at a large wasp nest .i got poped on the fourarm,man that one hurt.other than that it was a great day.hope to be doing a lot more cutouts with a great friend and mentor jp.by the way scott,gator and crawfish at bud3.come gator season i will be the teacher and jp will be the student :evil:   ...schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline pondman

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2010, 01:09:02 am »
JP & Schawee

Great video thanks for shareing. I hope one day that I can get down to meet JP an do a cutout with him also. Thanks

Pondman

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 08:01:59 am »
Pondman,
I was at the Bud gathering and got to watch a couple cutouts with JP and Understudy giving guiding hands.It was great to watch and learn.

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 12:39:01 pm »
Another great video from Jp Productions! Almost forgot, I sure did like that honey comb. All I could say was "YUM!."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:10:22 pm by Shawn »

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 08:45:29 pm »
Annette, I spoke with Shawna, she's wonderful. I'm so happy you two hooked up. When y'all gonna do that removal?

...JP

We went last night to get them and lo and behold, they had flown away the night before after being there for 12 days. We had 100 temps on Monday and we found the comb (quite a bit of it) laying on the ground. We assumed the comb melted during the hot day as the bush was in the hot sun,  and they absconded. We felt sad about it.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2010, 10:13:50 pm »
Well, don't feel too sad Annette, they probably found a nice tree to live in or someone's house.  ;)

I am a little sad though as I was hoping to see pictures and hear about the adventure. There's always next time.

...JP

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 07:18:27 pm »
2 cajuns, gota bee some eating, but didnt see any garlic or shallots.  but bet it was some toneys some where
to bee or not to bee

anything