Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The ignorance of an individual- UPDATED !  (Read 8434 times)

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
The ignorance of an individual- UPDATED !
« on: September 17, 2007, 02:52:55 pm »
Over the weekend I have harvested honey, extracted and bottled it for sale, and then the cleanup. No need to explain the details because most of us here have done it. Now for my RANT. :-x
All summer long, most of my co-workers have bugged me beyond belief for my honey, now it is here. I set everything up in the lunchroom, sample honey for tasting and an order sheet, simple enough. Please keep in mind, the honey in question is pure and raw, from wildflowers and I am selling at $4.50 per lb.
This one co-worker has been the most vocal of all demanding my honey. He saw the price and demanded a discount and I said no. He begins to lecture me that I stole the honey from the bees and I should give it to him almost for nothing ( he is half right ). Then I explain to him what is involved in getting the honey to the very lunch table in front of us. He still wants the honey for a discount, again I held my ground. The co-worker is still fuming 5 hours later. The difference between what I am asking and what he was willing to pay was 50 cents. That's it. Knowing how big his mouth is, I would have to give a discount to everyone.
BTW, sales are good today. The Price: $4.50  :-D

UPDATE: You'll love this.
Just as I was leaving for the day at 5:00, Mr. Ignorant decided to pay the $4.50. I told him the price went up to $5.50 and immediately he went ballistic. Dude, you should have bought it when it was a dollar cheaper this morning.  :evil: :evil: :evil:
I can't wait till tomorrow  :-D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 09:19:03 pm by BeeHopper »

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Re: The ignorance of an individual
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 03:01:21 pm »
Tell him he is getting a bargain. Mine goes for $6.00 a pound and no one has flinched an eye lash over it.

Should he get his steaks free as it is stolen from the cows  :?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Bennettoid

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 03:20:32 pm »
What an idiot.

Offline Erik T

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 03:34:07 pm »
Sounds like you all have the patience of a saint.  Unfortunately, I have a tendency to blow a 50 amp fuse with people like this.

Don't forget to charge the jerk a PITA tax. :evil:

Offline BMAC

• Field Bee
    • http://WWW.OLEMCDONALD.COM
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 03:53:03 pm »
When he asks for your honey and is angry about paying full price, tell him to go to Price Chopper.  They have a nice honey/corn syrup blend for 1.50 per 12 oz.  Then politely let him know you dont have any to sell to him.
God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!

Offline randydrivesabus

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 05:03:52 pm »
tell him you have 2 prices...take it or leave it.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 06:42:56 pm »
Tell the rube to either put up or shut up.
Money talks and (censored) walks.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline fcderosa

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 07:21:48 pm »
He's getting a deal, mine's selling at $6.00 a pound, :-D and only to people I like.
The good life is honey on a Ritz.

Offline Erik T

• New Bee
Re: The ignorance of an individual- UPDATED !
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 02:50:37 am »
Hehe, that darn PITA tax really hurts!  :evil:

Love it.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2007, 07:11:45 am »
But the bees did all the work right?  So what right do you have to charge him at all? ;)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 08:26:21 am »
And if he complains again it gets higher.  :evil:

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 09:57:18 am »
This guy is a complete and utter nimrod and deserves blended honey from China. I wouldn't sell him any amount of honey at any price. Next swarm season please put a liberal amount of queen pheremone on this person so he can know what the bees think of him. Wow what a button this post has pushed. BTW, my honey goes for $6.00 a lb also.

..." I told him the price went up to $5.50"  Beehopper, you are my hero! :evil:
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline BMAC

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2007, 11:36:58 am »
Dang after reading this it appears I am charging way to little for my honey.  Seems I need an increase.
God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2007, 12:15:22 pm »
Check out these prices

http://www.roundrockhoney.com/
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2007, 12:23:43 pm »
OK I am going to take a different approach here.

You have to work with this guy all the time and so you want to have some peace in the work place.Doesn't matter that he is a jerk. I have a motto that was handed down to me by a very good friend, and I know it will not be something you can all relate to, but here it is:

"If there is a problem and I can throw money at it and make it go away, then I will throw money at it""

We are talking about .50 here to make this problem go away and for some peace in the work area.

Once the problem goes away, then I would rethink bringing honey to work for sale. I brought some jars for co workers and gave them away to people quietly. Some people said they would purchase them, but I hate to mix business with my work.

The main thing here is for beehopper to have some peace in his life.

Annette
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 04:16:21 pm by annette »

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2007, 12:26:49 pm »
but I hate to mix business with my work.

Uh hu!!!

Offline bassman1977

• "King Bee"
  • Super Bee
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2007, 01:20:22 pm »

You have to work with this guy all the time and so you want to have some peace in the work place.Doesn't matter that he is a jerk. I have a motto that was handed down to me by a very good friend, and I know it will not be something you can all relate to, but here it is:

"If there is a problem and I can throw money at it and make it go away, then I will throw money at it""

We are talking about .50 here to make this problem go away and for some peace in the work area.

Once the problem goes away, then I would rethink bringing honey to work for sale. I brought some jars for co workers and gave them away to people quietly. Some people said they would purchase them, but I hate to mix business with my work.

The main thing here is for this guy to have some peace in his life.

I like the blended honey from China idea much better.  That guy would have gone home empty handed.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(''')_(''')

Offline BMAC

• Field Bee
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 02:11:44 pm »
yep.  Stir it up a bit.  You probably dont want to deal with this guy at work anymore than selling him honey anyway...

Maybe this will keep him away from you for good.
God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 02:28:50 pm »

The main thing here is for this guy to have some peace in his life.

Annette

Annette,

I like they way you look at the world  :-D Anyways Mr. "I" bought a jar today at $4.50 with an apology, too bad, we all were having a little fun with him, so it all turned out for the best. He realizes now what a precious commodity raw honey is in this day and age where much of it is adulterated to maximize profits.

Offline gunny

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2007, 07:23:13 am »
Very good friends and close family get honey from me for free.  Any one of them ever have any negative comments concerning bees or honey had better treasure what they have cause there will never be any more.  The rest I keep for myself.

anything