Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Determined!!!  (Read 1640 times)

Offline blanc

• House Bee
Determined!!!
« on: March 10, 2012, 09:47:49 pm »
Well after getting excited about my first catch of some bees I located a hive that has been in this guys old cypress shed wall for years and every year like clock work the swarm and split. The fella was not taken kindly to my asking to set a swarm box in his yard but his neighbor I know well said no problem.  Its hid pretty good as not to start a neighborly feud over it and was told they have a pretty big swarm by my friend around this time of year so I WAIT! :)
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline c10250

• House Bee
Re: Determined!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 10:55:19 am »
why would that guy care if you took the swarm?  I don't understand his attitude.

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 11:35:48 am »
Some folks think that if they live on their property, they own them. They don't know that the swarm leaves for greener pastures. I had a fella that said he didn't want me stealing his bee's last year. Somebody got them somewhere after they split. Just wasn't me. :-x

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 05:11:41 pm »
Some people just don't want other people in their back yard for any reason.

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 11:07:55 pm »
It just seemed to be an issue of ownership of the bees and its no problem beings I am close enough to lure them in my swarm box.He has never gotten any honey from them and just live in his shed wall and he seems to have no problem with them being there. I also found out that another hive is nearby in a pecan tree so I may be able to get more than I originally thought. A big plus!!!
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 01:48:01 am »
Bee keepers are strange people!

I told my neighbor to get her swarm traps out in case my bees swarm and she wants some free bees.  They’re really coming out of winter strong.  Once a swarm leaves my property, I don’t consider them “owned” by me anymore.  If somebody else is lucky enough to catch them, good for them.     

Offline stanisr

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 11:35:11 pm »
When I first started beekeeping, I treated my bees as if I owned them. I tried to make them do things my way. Since I have come to the realization that I own the hive and equipment and try to provide the best living conditions possible, I have had much greater success. Therefor, I think bees in a swarm are anyones to have if they have the hive to provide a suitable abode.
Rick

anything