Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wildflowers in the north Georgia mountains on May 6  (Read 4827 times)

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
Wildflowers in the north Georgia mountains on May 6
« on: May 07, 2007, 01:28:20 am »
I saw beautiful wildflowers while hiking at Black Rock Mountain and thought I'd share them;

Clintonia lily (and the flower to the left hanging down is a Catesby's Trillium):

Giant Chickweed:

Pink Lady's Slipper

Sweet Shrub

I also saw Solomon's Seal, False Solomon's Seal, Catesby's Trillium, two other varieties of Trillium, Dwarf iris, many ferns, tons of early spring flowers.  The dogs and I took the wrong trail and saw more flowers than I was expecting to see on the trail we meant to take!

Linda T in north Georgia

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
Re: Wildflowers in the north Georgia mountains on May 6
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 04:25:57 am »
Very pretty!

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 08:39:26 am »
Very pretty.
I bet you had a great time.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 08:55:45 am »
the last one is just absolutely gorgeous!

Offline IndianaBrown

• New Bee
    • Family Homeschool Blog
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 08:18:35 am »
Thanks for sharing these Linda.  I hiked the AT in '94 and these bring back memories.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 10:13:16 am »
Linda, you pics are beautiful and make me want to take to the bushes, up our mountainsides closeby.  I think that I am gonna gather the grandsons, nephews and neice after school and head out for a picnic.  You have inspired me to head down to our Alco Park, it is near the river and a beautiful place to spend alittle time.  It is the time of year for heading out to the bush.  Keep bringing on those pictures Linda, they are beautiful, one day I will post pictures again.  Best of this beautiful day, great day, best of health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything