Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beekeeping Software  (Read 6649 times)

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
Beekeeping Software
« on: July 09, 2007, 06:27:29 pm »
Been checking the web for bee management software and everything is either VERY expensive or too complex.  I tried APIMO but found it to be too confusing.  Another I tried was Bee Control by Data Image Software which was perfect but they want $300 for it.  The price range I would like to pay for something is around.... free.

What do you guys use? 

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline doak

• Super Bee
Re: Beekeeping Software
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 06:35:37 pm »
I am using this forum and my books, and on the job dabbling. Can't find no better this cheap.
Not being smart or cuting it short, but that is fact.
doak

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 07:36:04 pm »
I don't understand the point of software. Is it to keep records? If so, why not just make a table in Word with the info? Or even cheaper, if you don't have Word, is to use a notebook.
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 06:10:27 pm »
You might like this site. It is an online beekeeping log. It is free. When I first started using it I used it a lot but now I only put in major events. But is is pretty nice.

http://www.mybeehives.com/
"Your fire arms are useless against them" - Chris Farley in Tommy Boy
Semper Fi
www.gregsbees.com www.secondfast.com/gregsworkshop/ www.secondfast.com/bees

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 09:28:53 pm »
Greg, you are just a plethora of information! great site.
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 07:55:12 am »
Thanks JP, I am glad I was able to pass the info along.
Semper Fi

Offline tbh-fan

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 10:50:04 am »
thank for sharing, Greg!

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 07:29:16 am »
Greg!!!  That's exactly what I needed!!!!  Way cool stuff.  Too bad it's web based and not local, but it still works perfectly for what I need.  Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 07:37:37 am »
Your welcome Sean.
Semper Fi

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 11:15:30 am »
Entering the cobwebs of my mind.  Once upon a time, in this forum, there was a very active member.  He is not longer a member, sad to say, he was a wonderful wealth of good advice and knowledge.  His name was Jorn Johanssen.  If my memory serves me correctly, he had some beekeeping software that he had offered.  I can recall no more.  Maybe look up some old posts that he had in this forum.  Check these out, if you can find them.  I don't know if his posts are still here, but very good reading and information.  Great day, great life, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Bennettoid

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 02:34:25 pm »
I used APIMO, but I formatted my hard drive last week and forgot bout the Bee database.

I erased my records.

:oops:

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 09:40:15 pm »
Bennetoid.   Ha, what a trickster!!!  I tried and tried to crush the bug on my computer screen, only to realize that it was something that you had put into your post at the end.  That was funny!!!!  Have a wonderful day, great life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Moots

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 05:20:22 pm »
Sean,
I'm just starting out but have done a little looking around for a software solution.  I've decided on and started using hivetracks.com.....It seems pretty robust, is user friendly, and the price is right, FREE! 

I've also just signed up for Greg's recommendation of mybeehives so that I can check it out.

Good luck!

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2013, 05:33:56 pm »
I like hive tracks.. and it made me want to write my own prgm. At any rate, it will be free when it's done (keeping in the amateur radio spirit). Right John (Mr Amateur Radio Beemaster!!)??  :-D

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline beekeeperookie

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 08:58:03 am »
I use hive tracks love the program

Offline ozebee

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 12:31:55 am »
www.beetight.com  is pretty good and very affordable.  Although some software is free, it is good to reward people for putting in the effort to help us all out with our record keeping!!

anything