Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Anyone use the BeetleJail bottom board or entrance trap?  (Read 2659 times)

Offline mdax

• New Bee
    • North Florida Bee Blog
Anyone use the BeetleJail bottom board or entrance trap?
« on: August 01, 2013, 03:35:34 pm »
Anyone using the Beetle Jail entrance trap and/or bottom board from the beetlejail folks?
Link to Beetle Jail Home Page

The bottom board with trap looks like a nice design that allows mite counts with board, screened ventilation and a beetle trap.  One of my hives has a nice screened bottom board that allows me to put in trays of oil and that system works great...however the two I tried to build myself are terrible.  

I won't go into details but I'm a computer geek and am horrible when trying to build things in the physical world...some may consider the bottom board and entrance traps expensive but you'all have never seen me build things with wood, it's an insult to trees everywhere.

The entrance trap also seems pretty neat.  

Picture of BottomBoard with Beetle Trap

Video of bottom board with trap
BottomBoard Trap Video

Picture of Entrance Trap

« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 04:28:52 pm by Robo »

Offline hiram.ga.bee.man

• New Bee
Re: Anyone use the BeetleJail bottom board or entrance trap?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 05:43:31 pm »
I bought the standard beetle jail and the beetle jail junior. For me it did not work, guess the beetles at my house are smarter than other folks. Might of got two beetles a month, just the dumb ones i guess.
You ever notice that prices are inflating, but wages are deflating?

Offline mdax

• New Bee
    • North Florida Bee Blog
Re: Anyone use the BeetleJail bottom board or entrance trap?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 02:10:34 pm »
I installed the BeetleJail bottom board with trap.  I'm interested in seeing how effective it is compared to the standard oil tray under a screened bottom board.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:20:18 pm by Robo »