Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: sending multiple e-mails  (Read 2942 times)

Offline ayyon2157

• House Bee
sending multiple e-mails
« on: March 02, 2010, 06:57:14 am »
     How do I write  an e-mails and send it to multiple recipients with FIREFOX? Is there some way I can type "Friends of DARLAP" and have 10 or so people receive it without having to pay to create a blog or whatever it is called?

They can send individual e-mails to me if they wish to reply, and I know nothing about FACEBOOK, TWITTER, and the like.  The intended recepients can barely handle the kind of e-mail they are used to, and most are on the verge of giving up on computers entirely.

I do not know computer nomenclature, and communicating with me needs to be like using sign language on a monkey. If you wish to use words like "domain", "blog" or "website" you will need to explain them.

ayyon2157
William H. Michaels

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: sending multiple e-mails
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 11:00:02 am »
First of all, Firefox is not a email client (program),  but I'll assume you use a web based email client,  so it "appears" to you that you are using FireFox for emails.   Without knowing what email client you have, we can't give you specific step-by-step directions.  But I can say that most email clients allow you to set up groups, such as "my friends"  which you can add email address to.   So once you add your 10 friends to the group, you can then just send an email to "my friends"  and it will go to all ten of them at once.   Your best bet would be to contact the support of your email provider for explicit directions on using your email client.

I hope this helped and didn't make it more confusing for you.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline ayyon2157

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 12:26:31 pm »
Thanks Robo:

Another brain glitch on my part.  It is THUNDERBIRD not FIREFOX!

What puzzled me is that THUNDERBIRD has several lines for recipients
 of an e-mail, but when you type in the 4th one the first one disappears.

Should I put a semicolon after each recipient and a space before the next one and have them all on the same line?  Mozilla isn't too big on instructions.

ayyon2157
William H. Michaels

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 04:09:15 pm »
          In Thunderbird just write or attach the Email you wish to send.

From the list in your address book on the left hand side of the page double click on each person to who the mail is to go to and all your recipients names will come up in the main addressing section and then hit Send and away they go.

Hope this helps.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

anything