Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Batch Numbering  (Read 3395 times)

Offline bernsad

• House Bee
Batch Numbering
« on: November 27, 2011, 07:55:25 am »
Hi Guys,

Does anyone do any sort of batch numbering? I guess I'm particularly interested in small scale beeks who sell a bit of honey (sort of my category). It's probably a given that the big guys do, and I'm assuming if you are just consuming it yourself or giving it away that you might not bother (correct me if I'm wrong please) so that just leaves my category, I think.

If you do practice batch numbering, any tips on how you mark your batches or what sort of information you record please?

Thanks for the help as always.
B

Offline the-ecohouse.com

• House Bee
    • the-ecohouse.com
Re: Batch Numbering
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 08:58:49 am »
Hey there Bernsad

I use a software program called bee-tight just Google it and you'll find it. there a free version and a paid version ($15pa)

it has a tool that allows you to bar code and track each hive and batch number the honey from each indiviual hive.

I find it really good. I also like it for inspections and the fact you can use in out in the field on an ipad/ iphone or android device

Offline bernsad

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 07:30:48 pm »
Terrific, thanks eco, that is the sort of info I'm after.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 07:50:49 am »
Up until now, when I would get ready to bottle the honey, my wife would make labels and put the date on it. An easy way to keep track of which batch it came from.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline the-ecohouse.com

• House Bee
    • the-ecohouse.com
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 09:45:41 am »
no worries, glad to help

a preview of beetight batch coding

Uploaded with ImageShack.us