Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 1464 times)

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
Howdy
« on: February 28, 2014, 02:03:31 pm »
Howdy, I joined this forum because I have been looking for an observation hive for my house. I found a post from Stuartmc that had a great observation hive that I am planning to use as the basis for my attempt. I am not totally new to bee keeping. My parents kept bees when I was a kid. They got out of the bee business about 20 years ago and my mothers comment was "it's going to be kind of expensive to get into it, we sold all the equipment..." I told her I didn't need an extractor because I would just crush and strain, and I would use top bar hives that I can make out of scrap wood for next to nothing. I also have about 100 pounds of wax that they still have that I am going to filter and sell to get the bees to start with.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 05:18:52 pm »
Howdy to you too! Welcome to the forum. What part of the country you from?

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 07:23:52 pm »
I want an observation hive too, but my wife said the garage full of equipment and the ones in the country are enough.  Wish the observation hive people would tell more stories about what goes on these long cold summer days.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 08:47:34 pm »
Welcome to the forum, btg.  I built a TBH, put a plexiglass strip in one side, have a piece of board to cover it, just undo latches and open to see in.  Good luck to you and your bees.

Joe

anything