Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: TRUE LOVE  (Read 2386 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
TRUE LOVE
« on: September 16, 2009, 12:58:40 pm »
An elderly gent was invited to an old friend's home for dinner one evening. He was impressed by the way his buddy preceded every request to his wife with endearing terms such as: Darling, Honey, My Love, Pumpkin, Sweetheart, etc..
 The couple had been married almost 70 years and, clearly, they were still very much in love.
 While the wife was in the kitchen, the man leaned over to his host, and said: "I think it's wonderful that, after all these years, you still call your wife those loving pet names."
 The old man hung his head. "I have to tell you the truth," he said. "Her name slipped my mind about 10 years ago, -- and I'm scared to death to ask what it is."

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: TRUE LOVE
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 01:22:28 pm »
The other day I went to introduce my wife to an old friend I haven't seen in about 20 years and I forgot her name guess I had a brain fart. Had a mad wife for the next hour.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline RayMarler

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 04:18:30 pm »
The other day I went to introduce my wife to an old friend I haven't seen in about 20 years and I forgot her name guess I had a brain fart. Had a mad wife for the next hour.

Well Irwin, at least you didn't call her the wrong name!  :shock:

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 05:15:21 pm »
Ray is right, Irwin

I have watch what I call my wife..
My ex-wife real name is Honey

Johnny

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 10:11:48 pm »

If I did that my wife would just be wrapping up ..."And that's when I killed him."
be happy and make others happy.