Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from Northeastern Nevada  (Read 1423 times)

Offline eye8urcake

• Brood
Greetings from Northeastern Nevada
« on: May 29, 2010, 02:09:46 am »
Hello everybody! I hope this message finds you all doing well!

I'm not a beekeeper yet, as I am in the research and informational pre-planning process which I HOPE will allow me to eventually begin keeping a hive or two of my own with a minimum of distress to myself, my neighbors, and, last but certainly not least, my bees. My family lives in an agriculture-friendly community with no zoning or other real constraints on our crop or livestock production.

My interest in beekeeping came quite honestly through common sense, I think... or hope! We are on a fixed income as a few years back my husband was seriously injured at work. the main focus of my endeavor is to possibly add honey to our diet (which we cannot afford to buy off the shelf even at Wal-Mart) and to pollinate the home garden which I am currently also in the process of researching and planning for. My main concerns other than the obvious and necessary basic bee education are whether there is enough plant life in my tiny little town to feed a hive or two of bees and the 'neighbor relations' basics.

While I'd read about beekeeping and some of the associated issues on the USDA website a few years back, I've only just begun my in-depth effort to learn about these amazing little critters, and wanted to use this post not only to introduce myself and my situation briefly, but to thank beemaster.com for the most AMAZING and down-to-Earth introductory information I've found anywhere.

At any rate, thank you for both this resource and this opportunity to learn and participate in the community. Take care!

Michelle

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: Greetings from Northeastern Nevada
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 09:04:25 am »
I just looked in the fridge and my cake is still there ;) Welcome to the Beemaster forum their is a bunch of knowledge and great people here. I'm sure that your place has enough food for a couple of hives :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

anything