Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: big bee log  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Roy Coates

• House Bee
big bee log
« on: September 03, 2013, 08:35:43 pm »
 Long trip had to be made twice and worth every bit of effort. First trip the trailer suspension failed and had to be replaced. The cheapo chainsaw gave up the gost as well. Picked up a free farm boss at another cut out. The property owner had to repair the back hoe too. This is a 40+inch diameter red oak log that started out about 6 or 7 feet long. Cut it down to size and got it loaded on the trailer with out a problem. Getting it off will require some ingenuity. Looks to be a fairly large colony about 40 inches long and 10 inches in circumference( best guess peeking in the small opening in the ends with a light) Photos are public on Google plus https://plus.google.com/u/0/

part two: chain, come along, ratchet straps, a tree and some ingenuity and I have the bee log resting on the ground. https://plus.google.com/u/0/105525568580496768818/posts

Offline BlalockTwin1

• New Bee
  • Enjoy it while you can.
Re: big bee log
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 12:40:17 am »
Nice!!  Have fun, and good luck on finding that queen! 
Can do, will do, have done.

Offline Roy Coates

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 08:12:12 am »
thanks, I wont be looking for her this year. I plan to make starts in the spring using the Cleo Hogan style trap. this is working on a smaller bee log I got last year

Offline Hachi

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 09:35:54 am »
Whats a Cleo Hogan trap?

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 01:12:15 pm »
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Roy Coates

• House Bee
Re:
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 02:52:03 pm »
Also is marketed at Walter t Kelly as "swarm harvester"

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4