Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: first cutout of the season  (Read 1784 times)

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
first cutout of the season
« on: March 10, 2011, 10:05:22 pm »
today i had to go to a plant that had bees in the office on the loading dock.they had to close down the dock till i got the bees out.they were in the wall of the block building where electrical wires went in the building.it was 14''x14"x8"space they were in.had to have a safety harnesss on because i was 50ft above the water and the rail was 1' from the wall,a very tight spot to do the job. had to stand on the rail to do the job.had 8 caped swarm cells  and no queen.they told me that yesterday they swarmed out.sorry about not having a vid or pics.of the cutout because they wouldn"t let me ,security reasons.    schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: first cutout of the season
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 12:26:22 am »
It's so kewl to get back into the swing after winter eh Schawee? Good job my friend!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: first cutout of the season
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 08:16:47 am »
Schawee, glad you mentioned your removal cause I was going to if you didn't!  :-D

Hey, you forgot the best part, about the jerk that showed up that knew everything there was to know about removing/keeping bees!

Tell them about that guy!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com