Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dadant 20 frame extractor for sale  (Read 18601 times)

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
Dadant 20 frame extractor for sale
« on: March 03, 2014, 06:47:16 pm »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Frame-Radial-Honey-Extractor-Dadant-Immacul-wbr-ate-condition-used-one-time-/161240159614?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

I'm not related to this in any way.  I've already got one but I'm on Ebay occasionally trolling for WW1 militaria and lesser beekeeping oddities and this popped up.  If you're in that area and are in the market it appears to be a good deal.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Dadant 20 frame extractor for sale
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 05:47:12 am »
D,
For the buy it now price, you could buy it from Mann Lake, 18 frame extractor, and they will deliver it for free.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 10:09:21 am »
Not arguing that.  It's not comparing apples to apples either.  I don't know the quality of the Mann Lake, but it's an 18/9 whereas the Dadant is a 36/20 (super/Deep frames).  Dadant can do twice what the Mann Lake can from a quick glance.  But if you're in the Washington area I'd bet you could get it for the $900 as there will be little bidding pressure.

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 10:54:45 am »
i'm planning on buying one of these this year.  wish it was closer.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 12:17:12 pm »
Not arguing that.  It's not comparing apples to apples either.  I don't know the quality of the Mann Lake, but it's an 18/9 whereas the Dadant is a 36/20 (super/Deep frames).  Dadant can do twice what the Mann Lake can from a quick glance.  But if you're in the Washington area I'd bet you could get it for the $900 as there will be little bidding pressure.
I looked at this on my Ipad before I got out of bed and it shows.  :-D I did not realize it is a 36/20 extractor.
It does look like a good deal.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Moots

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 12:57:35 pm »

I looked at this on my Ipad before I got out of bed and it shows.  :-D I did not realize it is a 36/20 extractor.

Jim,
 :laugh: Glad it's not just me, I've grabbed the old iPhone or iPad from bed either in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning and shot of some post...later, I'll look back and think, "WHAT WAS I THINKING!"  :?

Anyway, I agree with D, someone will probably get a heck of a deal and grab that baby for around $900, the fact that it has to be picked up is really going to work to the advantage of some local buyer by seriously limiting the potential buying pool.   

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 01:03:32 pm »

Jim,
 :laugh: Glad it's not just me, I've grabbed the old iPhone or iPad from bed either in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning and shot of some post...later, I'll look back and think, "WHAT WAS I THINKING!"  :?

Anyway, I agree with D, someone will probably get a heck of a deal and grab that baby for around $900, the fact that it has to be picked up is really going to work to the advantage of some local buyer by seriously limiting the potential buying pool.   
I agree Moots.
Ben Franklin

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 06:19:16 pm »
Ooops, it's a mute point now as it was apparently pulled before anyone bit on it.  Current list price is $1,550 so it was a really good deal at $900.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 08:25:44 pm »
Ooops, it's a mute point now as it was apparently pulled before anyone bit on it.  Current list price is $1,550 so it was a really good deal at $900.
$1,550, I thought I saw a buy now for $1,300. Why would anyone exceed the buy now price. 
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 08:37:08 pm »
jim, the price for a new one is 1550.00 and that doesn't dome with a valve, stand or include shipping.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 12:50:23 pm »
jim, the price for a new one is 1550.00 and that doesn't dome with a valve, stand or include shipping.

When I first looked at this item I am pretty sure there was a BUY It Now for $1300 on it. That is why I asked that question.
Jim
Ben Franklin

Offline 10framer

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 09:06:15 am »
i understood.  but d was talking about list price for a new machine not the one in the auction.  i'm betting it went cheap.

anything