Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hangin' With Schawee Down In Paulina, Louisiana-Part One  (Read 8412 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Hangin' With Schawee Down In Paulina, Louisiana-Part One
« on: September 05, 2010, 03:17:47 pm »
Yesterday, I went down to Schawee's place and hung out. We boiled shrimp, looked at some of his bee hives, made his initiation video...

This is part one.

...JP

Hangin' Out In Paulina, Louisiana With Schawee-Part One
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Hangin' With Schawee Down In Paulina, Louisiana-Part One
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 04:04:28 pm »
MMMM! I could tell by the look though that those weren't no Louisiana shrimp no! Them sure did look like Florida shrimp for true!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 05:01:40 pm »
They was 100% Louisiana shrimp. That's why they were soooo good!  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 08:53:51 pm »
Oh no! I saw Fred in there. I've know that shrimp since he was an egg! You can't go tellin' me those weren't Florida shrimp.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 12:21:33 am »
Those shrimp jumped out the net, into the boat, into Schawee's freezer, into the pot and in ma belly!

Courtesy of Louisiana marsh, pre BP, I hope!  :shock:

They was sure good nonetheless and Schawee can cook up a mess of 'em real good now!

Next time I'm bringin' my own sack of onions!

Man that Schawee can eat some corn, yeah!  :-D

...JP

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 12:41:07 am »
Well, I got Fred's brother Sam here and he's tellin' me that was Fred...poor thing is cryin' all over. Ya know way back when shrimp only came from Florida they called 'em "jumbos" wasn't 'til they found 'em in Louisiana that they started calling 'em "shrimp" :-D

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 01:09:13 am »
Yeah, they call those "pink" shrimp Florida shrimp. The ones we usually avoid, unless there ain't nothing else to eat.  ;)

...JP

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 08:03:36 pm »
Now where did ya'll find those "plates"?   I hope you didn't take them from the buffet?   And are we going to see the gator trip on video?

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 08:47:37 pm »
Them plates are everywhere down here in cajun country, great for throwing whatever you boiled right on 'em.

I'm going to video the alligator hunt if Schawee says its OK.

He said show up and bring my ice chest.

Can't wait!

I wanna tree shaka!

...JP

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 11:03:26 pm »
scott you wish you had shrimp like that in florda :-D.those shrimp were caught in the bay in front of my camp in  grand isle.them florda shrimp that come down here ,we call them seabobs.allen i will let jp video the gator hunt,and i will make sure he get a tree shaka :evil:   ...schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 11:07:53 pm »
Man, we got dat white shrimp, dat pink shrimp. and we got us a spiney crawfish that weighs over a pound! The only thing we don't have over LA is the good cooks and the GOOD people.

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 11:11:31 pm »
Guess I'm gonna have to do a shrimpin' video next time I go. I've just gotta get me a new net. That's easy though, anyplace that has a basketball court has a net :lau:

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 12:51:15 am »
spiney crawfish that weighs over a pound!

Send some our way!

Maybe some at Bud3s?

...JP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 01:57:59 pm »
That was fun seeing you both eat and bicker, eat and bicker.

By the way, Schawee must be doing pretty good stuffing those alligators, since he has such a lovely home, with a pool.

Love these videos guys, keep up the fun and sharing.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 09:38:44 pm »
Schawee got a pretty nice house Annette. He say the other one burnt down right in the same spot, not too long ago.

He can tell that story.

Man, I sure am excited about our alligator hunt. We gonna set the lines this Monday coming. Gonna check 'em on Tuesday.

I wanna tree shaka!

...JP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 11:55:34 pm »
What is a tree shaka??

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 02:24:57 am »
annette, a tree shaka is when you tie a alligator line to a small tree or branch and when you get a gator he pull the tree or branch up and down.that's called a tree shaka.the bigger the gator the more it shakes.  ...schawee                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 12:51:04 pm »
So Schawee, when will we get to see you on the History Channel's Swamp People show?

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 05:56:20 pm »
annette, a tree shaka is when you tie a alligator line to a small tree or branch and when you get a gator he pull the tree or branch up and down.that's called a tree shaka.the bigger the gator the more it shakes.  ...schawee                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Gotta see this one

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 01:23:29 am »
allen,i would love to be on that show.troy is a good friend of mine and he told me they playup to the camera.the basin they fish is one of the best for gator hunting.they have some monsters in them swamps.we have 10000 acres of swamp we hunt.we get to kill 49 gators a season .we kill some nice size gators but not like troy gets.i  get 3to 5 in the 9-11ft size , the rest are like 5-8ft.i have 2 gators that is close to 10 ft.that i will try to get for jp.i guess i have to make my own videos.need to get a name for it like BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP or something like that. :-D ...schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

anything