Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Honey Robber Experience?  (Read 3557 times)

Offline keito

• New Bee
Honey Robber Experience?
« on: October 31, 2012, 09:02:10 pm »
Has anyone had experience with this product? If so how did it work, the good the bad and the ugly of it? Thanks

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Honey Robber Experience?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 09:37:16 pm »
I use Bee Quick.    It works.   Smells like almonds.  

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 10:16:45 pm »
I have used Bee Quick and Bee Gon. Bee Quick works better but the spray unit dis intigrates. My supplier switched to Bee Gon but there is a big difference. Lots of bees left in the super after 6u minutes with Bee Gone.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 08:29:04 am »
I have a bottle of Bee Quick that is maybe 3 years old now, it still sprayed good a few weeks ago.   

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 11:41:23 pm »
Honey robber is no doubt a stronger repellant because its some down right nasty stuff. If you liberally spray the inner felt cover of your fume board and allow the sun to heat it or even run a torch over the top of the fume board bee quick should do everything you want it to.

Honey Robber and Bee Go are some down right nasty stuff that you have to be really careful with. Both smell awful and their scent lasts for quite a while (like in weeks!) if you get it in your truck. They are both extreme eye irritants much more so than bee quick.

If you use Honey Robber or Bee Go be certain to follow their labels very carefully and take proper precautions when handling the stuff.

On a side note when bee quick was not available a little while back I used Honey Robber on a removal & the stuff just about burned a hole through my skull. My eyes were burning so badly I could hardly see straight. It also disorients the bees for quite some time.

Definitely not a good product to use on bee removals.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 11:12:40 am »
Like JP, I also used some when Honey Robber when Beequick could not be bought.
The fumes were bad enough to change my mind forever! :shock:
Most of my customers say they like how Beequick smells.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 12:00:41 pm »
Honey robber smells like vomit and cherry cough syrup mixed together... wonderful...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 12:20:07 pm »
Never transport that stuff without placing it inside a plastic bag. The cap on that stuff always finds a way to open on it's own. Took months to rid the back of pickup of that smell.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 06:42:59 pm »
The last time I used it was a year ago and I can still smell it!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

anything